Foxpro TX1000 Remote Button Sensitivity

Andybrock

The key pad buttons on my TX100 remote are extremely sensitive and with the buttons being raised I'm continually having accidental activation or it changes settings etc when I put it in my pocket or bino pouch.
I’m not sure if this is common or it’s just mine but other than just having it on a lanyard anyone got a solution?
Thanks

Is your remote shut off when it is in your pocket or bino pouch?
No it’s active. When I mute the caller I put the remote in my pocket mainly to protect it from the weather.
Ive not had this caller very long, my previous caller was a fx5, that remote was just a flat panel.

I shut off my Foxpro callers and remotes at the end of every stand I make. When I turn on the remote and caller at the next stand I make, I can look at the timer and know how long I have been on the next stand.

I would think leaving the remote on and muted would use up the remote batteries quicker.

I shut off my Foxpro callers and remotes at the end of every stand I make. When I turn on the remote and caller at the next stand I make, I can look at the timer and know how long I have been on the next stand.

I would think leaving the remote on and muted would use up the remote batteries quicker.
I do that, what I was saying is when I’m on a stand and mute the caller for a while, If it’s bad weather I put the remote in my pocket or bino pouch to protect it. The buttons on it are very easily pressed and when it in my jacket pocket it’s often turns it’s self off, unmutes or changes sounds.

This
IMG_0275.jpeg
IMG_0039.jpeg
IMG_0040.jpeg

My issue with th TX1000 is less to do with sensitivity of the buttons, but the brightness of the unit not trying to hijack the original post but as a night hunter I think the remote is way too bright.

I have it set to the lowest brightness and to turn off in 5 seconds. Well, at the 5 second mark it gets BRIGHTER for at least another 5 seconds before going dark. This is with my X2S. The remote for my Fusion does the same but is not even close to the brightness of the X2S remote? Foxpro says it’s due to the current updated version of the firmware.

Foxpro… spend some time fixing the remote issues instead of coming out with insignificant “upgrades” to your callers!

I would love less “features” and buttons for a remote that actually does what it’s supposed to do! Go dark at 5 seconds!

Last edited:
This is what I use for my remote, it works pretty good this way. I keep the remote in my chest pack until I get on stand. You can find this on Amazon for 14.99 it’s a phone holder. I put Velcro on the back of my remote and on the phone holder because otherwise it wants to fall off.

Attachments

• IMG_0357.jpeg
    IMG_0357.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0356.jpeg
    IMG_0356.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0355.jpeg
    IMG_0355.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 24
My issue with th TX1000 is less to do with sensitivity of the buttons, but the brightness of the unit not trying to hijack the original post but as a night hunter I think the remote is way too bright.

I have it set to the lowest brightness and to turn off in 5 seconds. Well, at the 5 second mark it gets BRIGHTER for at least another 5 seconds before going dark. This is with my X2S. The remote for my Fusion does the same but is not even close to the brightness of the X2S remote? Foxpro says it’s due to the current updated version of the firmware.

Foxpro… spend some time fixing the remote issues instead of coming out with insignificant “upgrades” to your callers!

I would love less “features” and buttons for a remote that actually does what it’s supposed to do! Go dark at 5 seconds!
This is curious. As there are 3 different modes to choose from and then brightness levels down to 2%. I mean, it is REALLY dark and I never felt I was being illuminated much with the FoxPro Night setting, which is red. It is so dark that in the daytime, should I forget to change it back, is impossible to see and I have to cover my head with a jacket to get the settings back to day.

I don’t think it will stick to the glowing green keypad buttons very well. Lol…
That would be correct, but I was replying to the question about the screen brightness and how to diminish that effect if it is still too bright for the individual liking.

That would be correct, but I was replying to the question about the screen brightness and how to diminish that effect if it is still too bright for the individual liking.
Yes sir, I know what you were saying and agree that the tint would work for the screen. However, the newest remote that came with my X2S has insanely bright green buttons as well. Again, set to lowest brighness level and to turn off at 5 seconds. At 5 second mark it gets BRIGHTER for another 5 seconds before going dark. Foxpro says thats just the way it is. Why have a 2% keypad brightness setting and a 5 second termination setting if at 5 seconds it goes to 100% brightness for another 5 seconds?

Point is, Foxpro should address this and not put it on the consumer to figure out a way to deal with it. If they want to tout it as the most advanced remote going, at least make it function as it should.

This is curious. As there are 3 different modes to choose from and then brightness levels down to 2%. I mean, it is REALLY dark and I never felt I was being illuminated much with the FoxPro Night setting, which is red. It is so dark that in the daytime, should I forget to change it back, is impossible to see and I have to cover my head with a jacket to get the settings back to day.
I guess I should ask what caller you are using and how old your TX 1000 is. I will say the TX1000 that came with my older Fusion isn’t near as bright as the one that came with my X2S. Foxpro says this had to do with the firmware update or something. I refuse to update the Fusion remote for the brightness issue but I think the update also increased the range of the remote.

Here’s a tip for your situation of switching from Day/Night mode without sticking your head inside your jacket or backpack… Assuming you don’t use the User button to control some other function you can set the “User” button to control the display mode settings. Game changer as I have been in the same situation on those bright snowy days where you haven't a clue where you are on the remote. Simply hit the user button to toggle between Daytime, Foxpro, Nighttime modes.

My apologies to the OP. I did not intend to flip the conversation from your question about button sensitivity. I shouldn’t have even posted what I did. My intention was just to point out that the TX1000 could use some work on a few things.

Back