FLIR PS32 lighted buttons

hammerkennels

For everyone putting black tape over the lighted buttons of their FLIR PS32.....

There is a new software upgrade available on FLIRs website that allows the button lighting to be toggled off...
cayman_3.13.00.dfu

I just did the upgrade on mine and everything went smooth and no more lighted buttons!!!!!

Thanks for the info nice To hear.
Just did mine, first time to update it. It was pretty easy just read the setup info, and also changed my shut off time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Non couch killerThanks for the info nice To hear.
Just did mine, first time to update it. It was pretty easy just read the setup info, and also changed my shut off time.

Awesome! glad it worked for you.

I'm just happy I didn't have to put electrical tape on a $3k device! Maybe its just me but the picture seems better too after the upgrade?

Originally Posted By: ShurshotI can't get it to see my Flir...

Turn the PS32 on with the usb cable connected.... should say "device in bulk mode" in the lower left corner of the Cayman software...

thanks, I just figured it out and it works fine. I set the auto shutoff up to 10 minutes while I was at it, and no lit buttons.
smile.gif

Looks like Marine red is a viewing mode that will not affect your night vision while boating at night.

Last edited:
Just converted Marine model to PS model, I now have Insta Alert, and no more black sock to cover buttons
smile.gif
Would be nice to be able to custom Insta alert levels, and cross hairs.
laugh.gif

THANKS!

Last edited:
This mught help some people...

i downloaded the ps24 zip file and installed the program...then i downloaded the caymen file to desktop. then plug in unit and turned on...opened the flir caymen program..waited for the driver/bulk usb to install..then went to sw upgrade and downloaded the file from desktop...

Keep you posted on the results..

So where is it located for the lights. I do not see it under any of the configurations. The only thing I see is the time change.
Under sw upgrade it says brose...brouse what there is nothing related to the flir in any of thos programs....have to be missing something.

the Cayman file is the update file. select SW Update, then browse for the cayman file and install it. after you do that, open the configuration button and you will see it.

Back