Flir or night vision?

wysongdog

Looking at a new toy for all kinds of scouting. Kicking around a flir scope or night vision? Any body have any suggestions?
Thanks Bryan

Dont waste anymore time and buy Flir ps32 first. Then get nv. With flir get some type of kill light. You will pick up more with flir and get better at scouting.

With Nv you will also need a couple of ir lights....go to nigh calling forum for more on flir.

When you have the flir the pvs14 gives you a lot more wiggle shooting time then a light and the nv with ir will pick up the eyes when flir is in an area with lot of obstacle or heat on rocks, tree, ground etc...

Good luck

I prefer FLIR myself, but really you're at your best when you can have both systems up and running.

Like Mr. Benelli said, there's a fair bit of good information in the Night Calling section!

Im hoping my flir ps32 gets here this week.
I had tossed it up also and the flir makes more sense as the 1st item to get.

I personally would not mix any type of night vision with conventional lights. Even though you might spot the animal several yards out with the Flir you still have to call it within range of your conventional lights and then hope that turning them on doesn't spook normally light shy coyotes. I would opt for a good PVS-14 or MX-160 behind a dayscope or a conventional dedicated NV scope before going for a Flir. Kevin

Go to the post entitled "pvs-14 -mx160 or d-760" in the night calling section for some good debate on this issue. There are of course other topics in the night calling section you should look at regarding the Flir and your ability to positively identify the target with this system. I believe most users of the Flir recommend a good Gen 3 NV system to positively identify the Flir image or use conventional lights to positively identify the image. As noted in my previous post, I believe using conventional lights in combination with any NV system defeats the stealth you gained from using the NV system. Kevin

Back