First whitetail deer

ruger300

My young apprentice who has never hunted before got er done this morning. Rattled in this fine looking Alberta 4 point buck and put ‘em down with his dad’s old Winchester M88 in 308. It was a beautiful day to be in the forest.
image000000.jpeg

That’s a dandy of a buck, especially for the first one. Set the bar high for anything to follow. Counting system must be different in Canada, that’s definitely more than a 4 point around here unless you mean 4x4 maybe.

That’s a dandy of a buck, especially for the first one. Set the bar high for anything to follow. Counting system must be different in Canada, that’s definitely more than a 4 point around here unless you mean 4x4 maybe.
Yeah, we count one side here. He was pretty excited to get the job done. Even gave me a big ole hug which is something I never do. Lol

Thanks for all the congrats. It was awesome having a hand in helping a first time hunter being successful on their hunts. I find as I’m getting older I enjoy hunts such as these more and more. Hopefully I’m passing on good ethics and proper methods. Thankfully the kid can shoot straight when it’s time to pull the trigger.

Well done to your newbie hunter! They bagged a nice 4-point buck in Alberta using their dad's old Winchester M88 in 308. Sounds like a great day in the forest!

Back