EASTSIDERS PREDATOR Its time boys!

Thanks guys... I figure I'd try my luck at a fox I seen during bow season.

Rob, find some more den trees and we can try that out again.

Dusty, you ever call over by Rocky Knob??

Rob, I'm in the same boat as you. I just want something to come in!!!

Bobby, never called around there. I have been hearing a little howling over around the armory. Went out calling Saturday. Didn't even see a track. Did see a bunch of deer though

Well, I had my most exciting outing of the year on Thursday. No coyotes, but I did get into a standoff with a porcupine. He was utterly convinced I was something he would be interested in and no amount of rock throwing or spraying of predator bomb at him would convince him otherwise.

I agree, the coyotes have basically shut up at this point. I'm not hearing them anymore.

Originally Posted By: ohioyotehntrRob, I'm in the same boat as you. I just want something to come in!!!

Bobby, never called around there. I have been hearing a little howling over around the armory. Went out calling Saturday. Didn't even see a track. Did see a bunch of deer though

The Arthurs told me a while back that they have a den right behind their house. Almost got there dog last year I think. We should go check it out.

Originally Posted By: TCSWell, I had my most exciting outing of the year on Thursday. No coyotes, but I did get into a standoff with a porcupine. He was utterly convinced I was something he would be interested in and no amount of rock throwing or spraying of predator bomb at him would convince him otherwise.

I agree, the coyotes have basically shut up at this point. I'm not hearing them anymore.

PA just opened a season on them this year - to erradicate some of them.

the one I came across didn't fair too well - last thing he saw was the end of a 12ga barrel.
I saved some hair for tying flies - never knew they were prized for their hair.

Originally Posted By: rletts77What are you guys using for fox calling? Bird sounds, rodent, rabbit???

Handcall: Crit-R-Call Pee wee

E-call: Red Shafted Flicker works well for me as does babycottontail

Birds and rodent sounds for fox then?......hopefully we get the snow they calling for on Thursday and I can sneak out and try my luck.

IMG_0703.jpg

Just read your post Tim. I am hoping we get some snow tonight like they "predict". I need to head out to a spot and check for some tracks and all. Only have to the 31st to get this red fox that has been haunting my dreams......

Back