Coyote around Gila Bend, AZ Area

AEP

I am brand new to this site and this is my first post. I am looking for help hunting coyotes in the Gila Bend area. I am not having any success. I am not trying to hunt anyone's favorite places, I just need help. I know I must be doing something wrong. I have watched a lot of youtube video's. Nothing seems to help. I would be more than happy to pay for someone to help me out.

Thank,
Andy

Hi AEP, welcome to Predator Masters. I recommend that you pop over to our Predator Hunting 101 Forum. SnowmanMo posted a few topics that should translate directly to that area of the state.

Like DR said there is a lot of info in this forum, go back to page three and read SnowmanMo's posts. He hunts southern AZ a lot.

I drive through Gila Bend bypassing the traffic around Phoenix and the country looks good. All my AZ hunting has been pretty much in a band from Douglas to Kingman, no experience in the NE or SW parts of the state

So me thoughts, don't walk around through an area looking for a stand, approach an area so the wind doesn't carry your scent across the area you plan to call. Don't walk around an area looking for the perfect stand, call the first reasonable stand as you enter the area, after the stand is over then scout the area for a better stand and approach. Enter the area as silently as possible watching where you put your feet.

That country has a lot of cover so you won't find a lot of stands that you can see to the horizon. I'd personally leave the binos in the truck, don't scan with your scope.. Have your rifle ready to shoot and just scan the area slowly moving your head back and forth looking for movement, more than likely you will spot movement.before a whole coyote, fox or.cat.

Good luck to you

I was phone today with a buddy who went down to AZ for visit ( not hunting dogs ) . He is bit North of Gila Bend, little bit NW of Phoenix by Surprise/Sun city West . but that maybe ? hour drive N. for you though.
Anyway, he said Coyotes are just filthy thick there. Told me today they are just over populated, and ( he personally seen them ) just running around threw the neighborhoods there without fear. said they looked good well fed healthy size dogs to.
Don't know if this info helpful to you, but just letting you know.

Outside the city limits coyotes around there can get a lot more cautious. There is a fair number of callers in the Phoenix area. I've hunted the area along Vulture Mine road front Indian School Rd north to Wickenberg and West to Eagle Eye road called a few and had a good time.

Back