Best IR light under $200?

JCCinOhio

Buddy has a Pulsar/Sightmark Photon RT.. hasn't used it because the light that comes on it is too weak. What's a good IR light he can mount to his AR for under $200?

Thanks!

For your 200-$ budget. I bought one on a whim. I got to say that I have been pretty impressed with using the ( 38LRX ) sniperhogs.com .
Choose your IR option of 850 or 904 nm . DO GET THE tail-cap dimmer/rheostat . also get the 23-$ turbo option . this light is reasonable sized light for Gun mounting. puts out a beam that is GTG. it is well built solid design.
a Good IR flashlight is you only option Unless you want to move up your budget to around 375-$ area for a Luna ir laser illum. . IR laser illumination units moving past the Luna model is going to be-$$$

I have/do hunt with laser peq illum. units, for many years. but I still really like this IR flashlight and use it a lot on AR handguard mount with 850nm diode..

Sniper Hog Lights. I ran the LRX 50 and LRX66. I preferred the 940nm in the Turbo option. Had coyotes spook with the 850 too many times to be coincidence. The smaller LRX 50 had more than enough throw here in Central NY.

The ONLY downside I can find with using a 'quality' IR flashlight, comparing it to a Laser illum , ( for example ) a peq15.
Laser illum. for the most part is pretty clean on the Beam, with some bloom on rifle & suppressor . IR diode flashlight put off a considerable amount of ambient side-spill-out 'bloom' on the rifle and suppressor for mounting it in close. You have to use a much taller mount to eliminate Bloom contamination to your NV image clean .

The Peq's are great and have a High/Low power choice . The Rheostat adjustable power tail-caps are the real kicker on the IR diode sniperhog lights. I really love the fact that I can use very little, or adjust power UP to fine tune just the right amount of Illumination I want for the Area and conditions I am in .

I have been lately using a Night Sabre Wraith with 3x head, 850 nm. Great light, clean and adjustsble from flood to spot. Has a rheostat in the tail cap too. Takes one 18650 battery. Got it for about $150 from the UK.

I went through several IR lights when I was using night vision. The best one that I used was the Sniper Hog 38. I bought the rheostat tail cap but it failed after a couple of years so I ended up using the original on/off tail cap that came with it. I always turned it on and left it on while on the stand, pointing down field. I figured that would not shock a coyote as bad as turning it on when they were coming in. I have had many coyotes spook from the IR glow at the emitter. That is another reason I liked the 38, those big 50-60+ bezel lights look impressive on paper but they have a huge glow signature. If you doubt that, turn one on and walk out about 75 yards and look back at your setup. you will see it and so will a coyote.

Elusive wildlife technologies has good IR gun light options and they come with a lifetime warranty. My buddy has the 500 yard package and their customer service has been good to him

Thanks all.. I passed on the sniper hog info to him.. have to see which one he gets.

I have several SHL's. I'm using most of them as a white light but have a couple ir's. The 38 and 66 are a nice size for gun mounted. The Coyote Cannon is too big and heavy IMO to attach to a rifle.

The Streamlight super tac IR illuminator is good for about 300 yards with my Wraith, more of a spot type beam. I used a Weaver ring 1"(thumb screw type) to attach to the top of the Wraith. Couple years ago it was 87.00 on Amazon. The 1" ring requires a couple layers of gorilla tape for the tube to reach 1" diameter.

Lumenshooter, an Amazon brand has a heck of a light for under a $100, included 3 more emmiters mount 12 and 110v chargers and 2 battery's, gonna say it's a 60mm dia. If your needing a 250 yard or less light, it will fill the bill. Has zoom lens and 5% to 100% dimmer plus remote power cord...a lotta light for a 100 bucks

Back