best helmet mountable thermal 4k and under

ChrisLD

trying to decide but have no way of looking at them in person! I know some of you are really knowledgeable about the matter. Please offer any insight

So currently IMO the best thing in that range (little bit more) is the NOX 18. Lots of guys are running Chinese stuff like the MH25, AGM STING IR but I'm not a fan and they don't compare to the Nvision NOX 18.

Armasight has a new model that they are fine tuning thats another option at a lower price that may work for you, hopefully @cockrill or @SkyScrapin will chime in, he's a dealer and site sponse with a wealth of knowledge on HMTs

Kino thanks a lot for your response about helmet setup on the other thread! Great first hand insight. I will be taking your advice, and thank you for your services sir. It is greatly appreciated

ChrisLd, I hope you don't mind me hijacking your post but, I've got a couple question. If you do mind I'll delete my post and dm you.
If you use a helmet mounted thermal do you remove the unit from helmet and attach it to your firearm when you spot a predator or do you look through the thermal and through a regular day scope? Probably a dumb question but I've never used a thermal, hell I can't even use artificial light in my state!

no worries man! In my case the helmet mounted thermal would stay mounted at all times, as I use thermal scope as well.

There are some varieties of thermals that double as a scanner, and a scope... but, the transition to switch them back and forth would be a royal pain and would cost you animals

I run a super yoter 35 640. It’s a nice scope for the money.

For now, I am satisfied with it. Id like a Trijicon or Nvision, but I just don’t know that they are worth almost double the cost. I hunt for fun, not a living

Back