Best e-caller

Spurchaser

Ok, in the market for an e-caller. Would like something with range father than 20-30yds. I’m using a borrowed an older Fox Pro and while I’ve killed some critters I’d like something with a decoy and at least 50-60yd range.
I’m in SW Georgia hunting plantation pines with some small open fields during the winter months, open pines during burn season, and broomsedge and Wiregrass everywhere during the Summer early Fall months.
Mainly after coyotes and hogs…illegal to use e-callers for bobcats here. Most calling is at night thermal hunting.
So what’s do y’all recommend? I’d like to keep it under $500-600 with all associated equipment (batteries/chargers/etc).

I have a fox pro x24 and a fox pro shockwave. The x24 has the best sound of any call made in my opinion. I think a lot of the reason that some guys would say lucky duck is better than fox pro, is because Ricks vocals are hands down the best. That’s to my ears anyways, I have LD sounds now, mfk, TT, and fox pro.

I don’t think you can really go wrong with any of the Top of the line calls from any manufacturer…. I generally have my x24 of shockwave, 75 yards - 150 yards away from me. Put a tripod on whatever call you run. Extends the range of the remote, and I think the sound is significantly better a couple feet off the ground.

So all have the same range? The unit I’m using now I can barely get 20 yards from and it won’t work. By work I mean change sounds unless I’m right near the caller.
I’ve looked at the Fox Pro and Lucky Duck but saw some reviews about the range. I looked at Icotec and it had good reviews about range and I really couldn’t find anything else bad about it. I know that sounds crazy, but it’s one of those too good true sounding things.
So I figured I’d come on here to get others opinions. Everyone has a favorite or they would t have bought one. I seriously doubt anyone threw names in a hat and just picked.
And yeah, I’m calling them in with the unit I’m using now. Just want something better and with some range on it.

I have had all 3 of the top e-callers, all will call in predators, I still have and use FoxPro Inferno and Lucky Duck Super Revolt, FoxPro for night hunting the Lucky Duck for daytime, I like the FoxPro for it's small size making it easy to carry and put in backpack. Witch ever one you pick it will call in predators. Good luck with your choice.

I have a fox pro x24 and a fox pro shockwave. The x24 has the best sound of any call made in my opinion. I think a lot of the reason that some guys would say lucky duck is better than fox pro, is because Ricks vocals are hands down the best. That’s to my ears anyways, I have LD sounds now, mfk, TT, and fox pro.

I don’t think you can really go wrong with any of the Top of the line calls from any manufacturer…. I generally have my x24 of shockwave, 75 yards - 150 yards away from me. Put a tripod on whatever call you run. Extends the range of the remote, and I think the sound is significantly better a couple feet off the ground.

Can you run Ricks sound files on a X24? I thou I read somewhere that they only work on Lucky Duck callers?

How far away can you set the FoxPro and still have control?
How far can you set the Lucky Duck and still have control?
Reviews say not that far, but I know you can’t always go by reviews on Amazon or any other place that sells them. I figured I’d ask real time users these questions vs folks that just may not like the company and may not even own the unit.

I think all the top tier are outstanding.
I like the Fox Pro line the best.
I have an old FX3 updated to FX5.
It's small and LOUD!
We also have a shockwave, a lot bigger but 500 sounds.
We also have the "Truck" model installed on our mud boat.
It has two 10" speakers and a remote. That thing runs on 12volt boat battery and will deafen you if you're in front of the speakers.

I think the boat one and the old FX5 have better sound.
We will replace the shockwave with the 24, this spring.
The new remote is great. If we are in line of sight it works fine out to 100 yards.

Look at the specs for each caller your interested in, read the reviews, look at the features offered and what of them are important to YOU.

I personally have far different wants than most. I hate to have to read a screen on a remote, I want simple, Minaska and WT fit the bill with their remote. I have A CS-24 with the tx-500 remote that has 10 presets keys and a numeric keypad so I can just punch in the number of the sound I want and don't have to read the remote scrolling for sounds. I use a lot of different decoys and one attached to the caller doesn't work for me especially in the terrain I hunt. I like a directional speaker so I can direct sound where I want it.

So my best ecaller might be completely different than than the next person. Hence "no best caller"

Again look at the features and specs, check the warranty and see if you can send it back if it doesn't meet their claims.

Last edited:
Reviews say not that far, but I know you can’t always go by reviews on Amazon or any other place that sells them. I figured I’d ask real time users these questions vs folks that just may not like the company and may not even own the unit.

I have a Foxpro X24 and I was having issues with the distance on my remote. I put my X24 on a small tripod and it over doubled my remote distance. I’m very happy with the the distance I get now.

Attachments

• IMG_0353.jpeg
    IMG_0353.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 36
As far as distance, I have no reason to place a caller out of shotgun range even when I'm packing a rifle. I like to know what my caller is doing and I usually have the horn facing away from me and I'm a.little hard of hearing so putting it out of hearing range is something I don't do.

It is rare that I set my call on there ground, it is usually off the ground in a bush. .years ago when remotes were the new thing they needed line of sight to work well. Before that we had long wires to turn the caller on and off and before that we recorded blanks spaces at the beginning of a tape or CD to give us time to return to the stand before the caller started to play the sound.

Setting them on a tripod as mentioned is a good idea. TT used to have his Spitfire mounted on a light camera tripod.

Last edited:
I always try to get the call off the ground helps with remote range, my FoxPro I keep close no trouble with remote communication, my Lucky Duck I have placed as far as 85 yards no problem at all with remote communication it's always elevated off the ground.

Tested my nightstalker+ a couple weeks ago and quit trying when it responded at 427yds while sitting on the ground!! That is at least 4 times further than I have ever placed it from me in a set.

Tested my nightstalker+ a couple weeks ago and quit trying when it responded at 427yds while sitting on the ground!! That is at least 4 times further than I have ever placed it from me in a set.
Holy shlt, that's unreal !! I wonder why they don't recommend lithium AA's in the remote?

Well, I never heard back from Manaska after being told I’d receive a PDF catalog.
Ended up going with the Icotec Outlaw+
If I can’t kill something with all these sounds I need to sell everything I have and take up badminton.
Thanks for the responses.

I have an X24 and don't get me wrong, its a great call. It's very loud.

With that said, IMO the best things that FoxPro have going for them is 1) customer service 2) their exclusive agreement with MFK.

I think the high end Lucky Duck is clearer.

Back