Bear creek Arsenal did away with their MOA guarantee

Dultimatpredator

If you are following the other thread here I sent back a 243 upper last December because it wasn’t shooting acceptable groups. After months have gone by a several employee changes one new employee found 4 of my exact upper that have been there the whole time. I was told of the 4 passed MOA testing last week. Two more were found today of which one failed the test shooting 2 MOA like the others and the other wouldn’t cycle. So currently they have tested five of six 243 uppers. and all have shot 2 MOA. I was told my upper was put aside if I wanted back in January....I was told today it was discarded because it wouldn’t shoot MOA....but they don’t guarantee MOA on any of their current models!!!...I’m confused. I asked if they would figure out why the last one there would not cycle, repair it, and test it for MOA tomorrow. If it shoots 2 MOA like the 6 others they tested and they can’t find my original upper I’ll be telling them to send it to me. They also offered in an email $50 cash and to send one of the 2 MOA uppers to me this morning. BCA changed their mind when I said I’ll just sell it. They probably didn’t want to have to deal with the warranty when someone else gets it.

Well, long story short, I wanted to give a heads up that Bear Creek Arsenal has now done away with their MOA guarantee. That definitely says how poor their quality is and they are definitely aware of it from my conversation with them today. I won’t be buying anything else again from BCA needless to say.

Last edited:
It’s rear charging. I was told I’d get a call in approx three hours with MOA results of the last one they had in inventory and if they ever found my upper that I was told they put aside in January.

Last edited:
Who is to say what ammo they are shooting. I think I would have them send back whichever one they think is best and work up a load for it. I bet it will hold moa or close to it.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Who is to say what ammo they are shooting. I think I would have them send back whichever one they think is best and work up a load for it. I bet it will hold moa or close to it.

That was my feeling as well. I received a call but missed it this morning around 11:45am. They followed up with an email. I was told my original upper went missing. I’m sure it’s the one that was listed for sale and then disappeared the day after I told them I would wait for new tooling. So I was offered the first one of the two that they tested. The 2nd one tested today I was told shot horribly...way over 2MOA. I replied to the email to send me the replacement upper and I will roll the dice and try it for myself. I was also offered a $50 coupon three emails ago for the inconvenience. I made sure to remind them to please honor sending it with my replacement upper. I haven’t received a reply back yet but at least they are now going to send a replacement upper even though it didn’t pass the MOA testing. That makes 7, 243 uppers in a row they tested that failed MOA testing. I wonder what ammo they are using and the machine used for testing affected the accuracy. I’ll take the upper out and try the most accurate loadings from my last upper to start with and go from there.

Last edited:
i still haven't been able to get in touch with bca.

dultipred, seems like you are able to talk to them fairly often. why don't you deliver a message to them from me. lol

If you call and get there answering machine hang up and call again. It takes about three calls in a row to get someone to answer the phone there. The problem is the only person you will get to talk to is a call representative. It takes an act of god to get them to transfer the phone to management. I only talked with John Timms once who is ahead of warranty. He wouldn’t call me back after that. I keep getting April who is ahead of HR and customer service. She’s been there over four years. I believe everyone else has come and gone. The YouTube guys are all gone. That’s why there is a new one. They would rather email back and forth as I believe most the employees are afraid to talk to customers...pretty sad IMO. I received an email back at 7:40 am their time this morning stating I will be sent out the first of two uppers they tested three days ago and they will be printing up a $50 coupon to use at BCA. Since they don’t guarantee MOA anymore I will not be using it on an upper or barrel. I’m am still glad my heavy 243 upper shoots light out. Worse case scenario I’ll double my money on GB with the 20” upper, because of the pandemic, if I can’t get it to shoot to my likings. Better than getting refunded $299 IMO. Either that or I’ll find another barrel to stuff in it.

Last edited:
Fed Ex just dropped off my upper...on Mother’s Day Sunday...poor drivers. I have to say the upper looks nicer than any of the others they sent me!

WnwUHGA.jpg

I was sent a target with my upper...

nOwUoHw.jpg

They apparently are using FMJs to test the 243 uppers. IMO that explains why they had 6 in a row fail MOA testing. I worked with Seirra 90 grain FMJs years ago and finally got a load to cloverleaf loaded really light around 2800 FPS. I bet I can get a nosler ballistic tip to shoot good out of replacement upper. I’ll have to take it out tomorrow and give it a whirl.

The promised $50 coupon was not with it so I will have to follow up again to see if they backed out on their promise. I do have it written in an email from them.

Last edited:
I looked at some old posts since I'm not where my 22" upper is. I was told my upper i just received was coded different. It looks like it has the same upper as as my 22" version but updated with the current offering of the hand guard. The 22" version style receiver contour looks and fits nicer to my A5 lower than the other offering (below) did. Here is a partial photo of the other receivers forward assist. Glad they sent the older style reciever as the contour matches the Aero lower much better.

The lower style I sent back....

0yx2o1h.jpg

Last edited:
BCA should be using a match bullet. FMJs are notorious for being inaccurate. I've never seen a FMJ match bullet. Usually the match rounds are loaded with hollow points and lately tipped match bullets.

Received a reply for the $50 coupon.

It’s good till June 6th, 2021. Less then a month and basically worthless since I can not use it on “MAP” sale priced items. Here is what my email stated...

“This discount will apply towards all BCA products, but does not include complete rifles/pistols or lowers as well as MAP priced items.”

Guess i will use it on some of their swag that’s not sale priced?

Last edited:
I called back to ask again. I can use it on sale priced items and uppers. Don’t know if I want another upper or barrel since they did away with the MOA guarantee. They won’t extend the 3 weeks it’s good for even though they had my upper for 6 months. I will maybe use it on flip up sights, a bore sighter , or T shirts I guess? Just won’t be giving them any of my money with it.

I don't know why anyone would expect anything from BCA to shoot MOA or better. You're buying a complete upper for less than a "Quality" barrel cost.

You get what you paid for, and that isn't much!

Originally Posted By: TxhillbillyI don't know why anyone would expect anything from BCA to shoot MOA or better. You're buying a complete upper for less than a "Quality" barrel cost.

You get what you paid for, and that isn't much!

i know its crazy.. but we have several BCA uppers that are MOA shooters.

there's a couple 350 legends in the family (mine included), my buddy's 450 bushmaster, i have a grendel that shoots about 3/4" or a little better with 123gr eld-m Black... and i just picked up an 8 twist 223 wylde heavy barrel that i'm hoping will like 75gr hpbt's pretty well too!

maybe i'm just lucky *shrug*

Back