Banish 30 Rattle

Ryanjac23

Does anyone using a Banish 30 have a rattle in their can? I pulled mine apart after 75-100 rounds and cleaned it…now when it’s reassembled it rattles just a little bit. Everything is indexed and the orange ring is not showing.

I’ve tried reassembling probably 10 times and it’s the same thing each time.

My banish 223 doesn’t rattle. I would double check to make sure everything is correct in it before i shot it and call silencer central and ask them before I shot it. The tolerances in mine are very tight

It turned out to be powder build up in the threads at the end of the suppressor. Thought I had them cleaned the first go around but scrubbed them with a nylon brush and that fixed it.

Also Ryan, you don’t need to clean your can after only 75 rounds. Glad to hear you got it figured out

I heard there was a disclaimer, telling customers to clean after every 50 rounds to eliminate carbon sealing the suppressor. They also offer a press that you can use to aid in the disassembly if it becomes difficult.
I do agree, I wouldn't clean a centerfire can, if I was only using high velocity jacketed ammo.

I heard there was a disclaimer, telling customers to clean after every 50 rounds to eliminate carbon sealing the suppressor. They also offer a press that you can use to aid in the disassembly if it becomes difficult.
I do agree, I wouldn't clean a centerfire can, if I was only using high velocity jacketed ammo.
Skinney
What TBAC would you recommend for a 22-250? I’m thinking about another can, I’m currently running a Banish 223 on a Tikka. Would there be a noticeable difference in an Ultra 9 or 7 compared to the Banish 223? Thanks

I've only used an Ultra 7 and really liked it. I think the Banish and the Ultra 7 would be close to the same performance.

On my stuff the Banish 30 in its long configuration sounds about the same to my ears as the TBAC Gen2 Ultra 7 but in the shorter config my Banish 30 is noticeably louder, honestly, I'm not very impressed with my Banish 30 in its shorter config. Again, to my ears, the TBAC Ultra 9 is considerably quieter then my Banish 30 at any length. The Ultra 7 & 9 are really impressive, especially, for being 1.5 diameter cans. There are other cans out there that are quieter but they are all larger diameter cans as well.

Also, my Banish 30 requires frequent cleaning or it starts getting louder the dirtier it gets. I haven't noticed this with any of my other suppressors.

Erie660, will you only be running a new can on a 22-250 or will you use it on anything larger? If no, the Ultra 7 or 9 if you don't mind the extra length will serve you well but if you'll ever use it on a larger caliber maybe take a look at Dead Air's Nomad LTi or their new LTi XC. They're a little larger diameter and longer then the Ultra7 but shorter then a Ultra9. The LTi is a very impressive can for its size and their new LTi XC is supposed to be as good or maybe better and is a little shorter and lighter but if a 22-250 is the biggest thing you'll use it on I'd stick with the Ultra 7 followed very closely by the Ultra 9.

On my stuff the Banish 30 in its long configuration sounds about the same to my ears as the TBAC Gen2 Ultra 7 but in the shorter config my Banish 30 is noticeably louder, honestly, I'm not very impressed with my Banish 30 in its shorter config. Again, to my ears, the TBAC Ultra 9 is considerably quieter then my Banish 30 at any length. The Ultra 7 & 9 are really impressive, especially, for being 1.5 diameter cans. There are other cans out there that are quieter but they are all larger diameter cans as well.

Also, my Banish 30 requires frequent cleaning or it starts getting louder the dirtier it gets. I haven't noticed this with any of my other suppressors.

Erie660, will you only be running a new can on a 22-250 or will you use it on anything larger? If no, the Ultra 7 or 9 if you don't mind the extra length will serve you well but if you'll ever use it on a larger caliber maybe take a look at Dead Air's Nomad LTi or their new LTi XC. They're a little larger diameter and longer then the Ultra7 but shorter then a Ultra9. The LTi is a very impressive can for its size and their new LTi XC is supposed to be as good or maybe better and is a little shorter and lighter but if a 22-250 is the biggest thing you'll use it on I'd stick with the Ultra 7 followed very closely by the Ultra 9.
Are you saying the ultra 7 over the ultra 9 because of length alone? I have the banish 30 and just got the ultra 9 in in the 30 cal configuration. Haven’t got a chance to shoot it yet though.

Are you saying the ultra 7 over the ultra 9 because of length alone? I have the banish 30 and just got the ultra 9 in in the 30 cal configuration. Haven’t got a chance to shoot it yet though.
The Ultra 9 is always going to have better suppression then the Ultra 7 but depending on the length of barrel I was running on a 22-250 would determine if I went with the 7 or the 9. If you're predominantly using it on something with a fairly short-ish barrel then I'd probably opt for the Ultra 9 but if you're screwing something on the end of a 24- 24+ barrel I'd opt for the shorter Ultra 7.

Since you just got it I'll assume you have the Gen2 Ultra 9 and since you also have a Banish 30 it'll be interesting to see if you notice much difference between the two. Not saying the Banish 30 is a bad suppressor, like I mentioned I have one, but I think the TBAC Gen2 Ultra 9 is noticeably better with regard to noise suppression. It'll be interesting to hear, no pun intended, what you think after you've shot both on the same host gun with the same ammo so make sure to let us know.

The Ultra 9 is always going to have better suppression then the Ultra 7 but depending on the length of barrel I was running on a 22-250 would determine if I went with the 7 or the 9. If you're predominantly using it on something with a fairly short-ish barrel then I'd probably opt for the Ultra 9 but if you're screwing something on the end of a 24- 24+ barrel I'd opt for the shorter Ultra 7.

Since you just got it I'll assume you have the Gen2 Ultra 9 and since you also have a Banish 30 it'll be interesting to see if you notice much difference between the two. Not saying the Banish 30 is a bad suppressor, like I mentioned I have one, but I think the TBAC Gen2 Ultra 9 is noticeably better with regard to noise suppression. It'll be interesting to hear, no pun intended, what you think after you've shot both on the same host gun with the same ammo so make sure to let us know.
Gotcha. Yeah I got the gen 2 ultra 9. It was basically my do over for a 30 cal can. I’ll shoot them soon and report back.

Ok I shot both today on my 22-250 and I think the Ultra 9 is quieter than the banish 30. Also, not that the 22-250 has a ton of recoil but the ultra 9 has no muzzle pop compared to the banish 30. Really impressed with the ultra 9.

Not comparing apples to apples but deadair said not to clean my rf can to often because it actually gets a little quieter with a little shmuts on it.

Back