Bang-flop, well almost

jmeddy

Thought I had time for 2 sets on this ridge before the moon came up. Only got one in as it took 50 minutes to get it done. Had the call about 80yds upwind in front of me and down in a slight saddle. Played rat and rabbit for ~7min then some quiet. Hit a single howl on the call and get one back from the hollow directly over the call which makes me think for a few seconds that the call didn't mute. It howls again and I get a better "bead" on it so turn the call back on to finish its sequence. Nothing shows and after 10 of silence I play the rabbit for bit. Still nada. Went to a pup fight then pup distress and still nothing.
A short while later some coyote light up at the end of my hearing and she answers them. I hit a pr. howl and me howling then I challenge howled. A few seconds later I hit a fight then kiyi. She appears quickly and I mute, she sees (or doesn't see) something becoming boogered. I get her stopped with barks and drop her. After dropping she did get her feet under her again and made it about 25yds.. 8pm 150yds per onx
Made 5 more sets in the woods (shadows) till 3:30 with no more takers.

Very nice Mike. I can't buy one right now. Raining here tonight I think and then 5 days worth starting Friday night.

Patience is a virtue, congrats on the kill.

I was going to make one set last night to beat the moon rise. Gave it 30 minutes & bailed, figuring I could sneak in one more due to being able to drive within 30 yards. Struck out there, and decided to make another where I could sit in a fence row in the shadows. Another dud, oh well.

Back