Baiting

Gobbler, meat scraps, mainly deer trimmings cut into small pieces and scattered about.

Bait, that’s a pretty mount. My son is going to do that big one life-size for me.

Alarm at the house went off about 11:00, mad dash to the attic window, eased the window open, lined things up and BOOM! Dead Red.
I just purchased the Coyote Reaper XXL to replace the stock IR that came with my ATN. So much brighter! Not thrilled with the extra weight, but its a trade off. In the video, the IR light on the right is the baby camera, the 2nd light to the left is the game camera IR, and finally I flood the area with the XXL. Oh, and the moon helped out too! Lol.

I realized how to get the video thumbnail. thanks again DU for your instructions.

ATN Red vixen behind house Jan.14, 2021 by Gobbler Getter, on Flickr

thumbup.gif
I like it!

And, as 06 mentioned in a few posts back, of reposting pictures of our hunting stand and other such - good idea. Here are a few pics of my homes away from home. They are certainly nothing fancy but they serve the purpose of hunting fox and other critters.

This is the Pond stand where I shoot the majority of predators. It used to be 16 feet up at another area of the farm, but I moved it to its current location.
20211007_161610 by Gobbler Getter, on Flickr
2022-01-12_02-26-02 by Gobbler Getter, on Flickr

2022-01-12_02-26-22 by Gobbler Getter, on Flickr

And a couple of motivational signs never hurt either!
2022-01-12_02-25-38 by Gobbler Getter, on Flickr
2022-01-12_02-24-34 by Gobbler Getter, on Flickr

This stand is located on the edge of a field. The bait pile is located in the middle of that field.
2022-01-15_10-50-49 by Gobbler Getter, on Flickr

This stand is located in the woods. It also serves as a deer hunting stand.
2022-01-15_10-51-21 by Gobbler Getter, on Flickr

And this is the bait pile directly behind my house. Currently, it is the hot spot for fox right now.
received_320396913304451 (1) by Gobbler Getter, on Flickr

Have had two coyotes playing with me for a few weeks now and tonight our schedules matched up. Got the male. Pretty big for these parts. Very nice coat.

Sorry no video, my SH screen went black the instant the gun went bang so I think my battery cable must have come loose due to the recoil. Lost the video apparently. Had that problem a while back and thought I had it figured out so I need to check the battery cable for being secure and the internal batteries, etc.

About 50 yards out when shot and he ran about 25 yards and expired. 60gr VMAX from the AR

Good night out for me and the dog. He got in a fight with 3 raccoons this morning when we were out for our morning walk and he's a little bit down - probably worn out from the big fight so the coyote down was a lift for his spirits. He killed one of the coons and I shot the other two during the frenzy with my 22 pistol. They were in a den along the side of a creek and he spent an hour digging them out. When they came out they sure were pissed off. It was absolute CQB mayhem...

atDH3gT.jpg

vIC6R7p.jpg

Good work Burn! Congrats on the kill. Pet your dog for me and tell him good job. Sounds like a battle, but, a dog will be a dog...good for him.

Back