Baiting

On another note fellas...One of my motion sensors decided to get a little weak this season. Its about 50% I would guess. So, I ordered up a new driveway alarm system to play with. I am currently running a Chamberlain system that has been great. Its in its 5th season without a hiccup. Now, I'm going to try a Miltronics system...new receiver and two transmitters. Extended long range...we'll see. Anyone heard of them?

Nice BP. Looks like you really put a hole in him.

I stayed at the cabin last night, hoping for a coyote but all was quiet, not even a possum.

PURDY one BP, keep after them.
06, hope things pick up for you. It's slowed down here for coyotes but the possums are thick. 2 last night. We have lots of buzzards if anyone needs a few.

Back at it last night. I hunted a stand site that I just rebuilt in mid-December 2018. It's one I use for deer and predator hunting. Not a lot had been showing up at the bait piles (2 in that location). Around 8:00ish I had a dog barking all around the farm looking for his female but he never really came in close. At 8:30 he barked just out in front of my stand but still a good ways from my sight. I heard a rustle down at my bait pile then took a look through the scope and there was another Red dog that had snuck in. I took the shot and the rest is history. He dropped right behind a big log. I'm loving this night vision stuff! (grin)
The weather is suppose to change up cold and snowy this weekend - - things should get even more interesting.

Video:

ATN bottom stand Jan. 8,2019 by Gobbler Getter, on Flickr

Good Lord, by the time a coyote shows up again and I just happen to be there the same time, I will be really old and gray and loss of hearing and sight (worse than it is now). I would probably miss that coyote. Ha,Ha! Certainly, if the stars align and it does happen that would be spectacular! Fox have been, and probably will always be, my "predator of choice", no matter what. I have had the opportunity (2X) to hunt and kill coyotes out in New Mexico with Tony Tebbe several years back and it was a blast - literally. But I still love the mystic of my local Grays and Reds.
"Stay calm -and Fox On!", I say.
Here's hoping things take a good turn for all you yoters, like real soon. I guess a little coyote prayer wouldn't hurt either.....

Didn't know you hunted with Tony, Gobbler. He is a very nice guy and knows how to hunt coyotes. I had the pleasure of hunting with him in 2011. Would like to do it again.

Originally Posted By: gobblergetterGood Lord, by the time a coyote shows up again and I just happen to be there the same time, I will be really old and gray and loss of hearing and sight (worse than it is now). I would probably miss that coyote. Ha,Ha! Certainly, if the stars align and it does happen that would be spectacular! Fox have been, and probably will always be, my "predator of choice", no matter what. I have had the opportunity (2X) to hunt and kill coyotes out in New Mexico with Tony Tebbe several years back and it was a blast - literally. But I still love the mystic of my local Grays and Reds.
"Stay calm -and Fox On!", I say.
Here's hoping things take a good turn for all you yoters, like real soon. I guess a little coyote prayer wouldn't hurt either.....

You just described 3/4 of the baiters posters LOL! I resemble that remark!!! PURDY red by the way!

Week - 3/4 of the Baiters. Too funny! At least we made it this far, huh?
My notorious senior moments are when I change out the SD card in the camera but forget to turn the camera back on. Or, I forget to put the clip in the gun, only to realize that after I've walked 1/4 mile to my stand. Classic.
I vote for a senior handicap of 3 misses per season. Oh, wait, that won't work - I've already had 2!!

Hey, I resemble that remark as well. I mentioned recently that my hunting buddy who is only 56, forgot to load his rifle, and that one time he completely forgot his rifle, but went on hunting with me anyway.

Once we were getting our gear out of the truck, and I couldn't find my rifle. I thought man I've just done like my buddy did after all the ribbing I gave him. When I walked around the truck and told him I had forgotten my rifle, but would go on with him anyway. He looked at me and said "What is that on your shoulder?" I was carrying my rifle and trying to find it. Now that is getting long in the tooth.

DoubleUp, that's like Oliver Hardy accusing his wife of misplacing his hat when in fact it was resting on his head.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Didn't know you hunted with Tony, Gobbler. He is a very nice guy and knows how to hunt coyotes. I had the pleasure of hunting with him in 2011. Would like to do it again.

Yes, I did hunt with Tony and Gunner, the best decoy dog ever, in the Fall of 2009 and then again in 2010. We hunted in Texas where I shot a beautiful Bob cat and shot some coyotes in New Mexico. Some great memories there. Tony is a super guy who knows coyotes, for sure.
Here is a picture of my first coyote I killed while with him:
010[1] by Gobbler Getter, on Flickr

I am glad to be in with the right crowd!!! GG...forgetting to turn on the game cam...yep, been there...a lot!!! It's good to know I'm not alone.
That is a nice mount Gobbler!!! You being a red fox guy, I'll post up a pic of the mount of my first Red when I get a chance. That was 30 years ago and the fox is a little faded now, but nice mount.
By the way, are you anywhere near Churchton? I got a step brother there and have kayaked the Bay there.

Back