Baiting

Welcome aboard bobm and good luck with posting the pictures. Its kind of a pain to have to photobucket them and then paste to this site but like everything . . it's a process.
Things have started to pick up around here a bit, thanks to colder temps finally.

I shot this 12 lb. sow on Thursday night past. A second one came into the corn feeder after I shot this one and my gun misfired (like 3 times) after the third "click", the coon ran off. Errr! Endless to say, my gun just got a good cleaning and oiling. Hate when that happens.
Disregard the date stamps on the game camera photos. I'm off a month . . . How did that happen? This bait pile is brushed to keep the birds off.

A red at my new bait site. It has taken a month for any mammal to take an interest.

MFDC0285.jpg

A coon fest. There are 3. I figured this bottom would produce a few bandits and there they are.
MFDC0408.jpg

bob, in PhotoBucket if you look to the right side of the screen you will see 4 boxes. The bottom one has IMG and then a weblink. If you left click on either the IMG or the box it will turn yellow and say copied. Then all you have to do is come to your post and copy that in and you will get this.

Looks like a nice set up and we'll be looking forward to your methods, input, and pictures.

Last edited:

Bob,

The hunting shack will allow you to be more successful since hopefully you can stay the night. The site at 65 yards is just fine, about the distance mine is. There are a few things to consider and I'm sure you already have an idea if you have read much of this forum.

Your shack looks nice. The only thing I see that could present a problem is a couple of trees that might be in the way. Other than that it looks pretty good.

Will you be using night vision?

We are all anxious to hear how things work out for you. Good luck.

DoubleUp, we both must be at the computer at the same time. I have a cup of coffee in hand. Cold here early this morning at 7 degrees. It's now up to a blistering 16 degrees.

Gobbler, nice. As to trail cameras, mine do the same sometimes. They jump time mainly. I have noticed on one particular camera, that if I replace batteries, it jumps time and date.

yes the trees are a pain but its not my land so I am limited I just take my time there have be a lot of logging in the area so I have a lot activity I am using pvs14 behind comp4 this one come in first nigh 37 lbs female.

bob, great work. I saw that one earlier on your PhotoBucket but figured you wanted to post it yourself for practice.

K9, it does feel good to even the score after things have gone badly. Nice going on that. Probably pretty cold there and hunger driving them to hunt longer.

6, not much to do here right now except stay warm.

Yeah it's been cold DU.
Watched a fisher this morning, too.
Anyone else notice your coyotes will be around for 2 days and then be gone for 5? It's so consistent they're almost predictable, at least here.

Originally Posted By: K9SNIPERAnyone else notice your coyotes will be around for 2 days and then be gone for 5? It's so consistent they're almost predictable, at least here.

My experience is a mixed bag. Last year and the previous year I had one-night standers to the point that it became very frustrating to hunt. They would visit one night, get some bait and then be gone for much longer than a week, more like weeks or even a month.

Then, other times they will visit a couple of nights in a row before leaving. Generally when I have one hit the bait, I try to stay at the cabin the following night. Sometimes it pays off and other times not.

Well I kinda had a screw up, went out to were I baited last time and got stuck in the snow 5 yards after leaving pavement. First time I had been back there since we have had a dusting. Moved to a new spot where I've had coyotes on camera but the snow is just birthing my bait every night. Will be taking advantage of the full moon this weekend
wink.gif

Bobm,Nice yote and congrats to you. Keep on gett'in them.
6- I checked the batteries in that camera and they still have a good bit of juice left. Glad to know someone else has had that happen to their date/time stamp. I certainly didn't remember messing with it.

Dang, these cold temps, but more so the wind makes it unhuntable for me right now.
Both my bait sites are being visited + snow is coming this weekend + an approaching full moon = FUN! Yea! (do'in my anticipation dance)
smile.gif

They must be getting a hunger on... Stopped another coyote from stealing venison this morning. Found another in a snare, too! Plenty of work to do in the fur shed tonight.

Nice going K9.

Of all things, I had a coyote visit my bait site last night, maybe because of the cold and snow we recently got. We have a front coming through tomorrow with quite a bit of snow predicted so they may be out and about trying to get something to eat. Problem is, fox and dogs got the bait from my site and there wasn't anything left for the coyote. Don't know if he will return or not.

We are supposed to get from 8 to 12 inches of snow tomorrow night and maybe another 1-3 inches for Saturday. I'll have to wait until all that white stuff stops falling before I can hunt.

Well been a while since I posted here....I put my usual bait and alarms out a few weeks ago and the coyote have been Killin it. Finally got a chance to go up last weekend . I got the Bob cat a little ways down the rd aside had been getting trail cam pics of it all year...then I headed back to camp to watch the bait....wasn't long before nice female came in. Then I got the 2nd female yote the following evening....! Good weekend ! Back at it friday

Back