Az Congresswoman Shot This A.M.

Kirby;

I noticed that also, especially on tonights news (NBC) all talk about congresswomen & the 9yo girl killed-yes, a I am heartbroken a 9yo was hit and has been taken from her family & future. The Congresswomen's staff members also I feel sorry for and pray for them all but, nary a word of the others in the crowd killed..I attribute this to the myopic view of the media and look to find my own information on those killed and contemplate our loss of their souls.

T2G

I agree guys, I would like to hear more about one of the true heros of the day. That would be Darwin Stoodard who pushed his wife to the ground and covered her with his body. He died and she took a bullet to the leg but lived due to her husbands heroism. And the still unnamed woman who was shot by the last bullet in the madmans magazine, and after being wounded grabbed the second extended mag as he tried to put it in the pistol, causing him to jam, thereby giving the 2 males an opportunity to jump him. It appears she lived but no info that I've seen.
And the pitiful, disgraceful,and shameful big mouth local sheriff should be booted from office for making a political grandstand of this. He went on national tv and stated that the guy was mentally defective, that will help the perp. Then he had the nerve to say he never agreed with Az right to carry, open or concealed. He said 1070 caused things like this to happen and that talk radio inflamed people to commit such acts. I hope the people of Pima county remember this loudmouth grandstanders words come election time.

confused.gif
Would it be fair to suggest that some of these people 'tweet' because they might be 'bird brains'? If the shoe fits, they have to wear it!
sneaky2.gif
confused.gif
crazy.gif
scared.gif

Originally Posted By: Rim_RunnerI hate to break this to you Dawg but to say someone is dead to you isn’t a death threat. It refers to being disowned.

I wonder why the daily kos pulled that page?

HB

I believe I and perhaps others here are waiting on your enlightening us on this angry right agenda. We have given examples of the LEFTs' eloquent and peaceful messaging over the last decade and await your evidence of said Angry Right and their agenda.

Cue Crickets:

T2G

Anything I say regarding this situation is only going to cause more anger. The far right is full of happy and moderate folks who are committed to friendly debate. We will see how the voting public reacts and interprets this tragedy. My opinion doesn't really have a lot of relevance.

While i feel sorry for the shooting victims and my prayers go out to all of their families....I can't help but get angry after watching news report after news report of democrats blaming our "lax" gun laws. New York, which is unfortunately the state I currently reside in when I am not in some far off country defending our freedom, is trying to send to legislation that would not only ban high cap magazines but semi-autos as well. It's nice to see that when we have a tragedy that the democrats are so oppurtunistic to try and immediately push their agenda through.
This [beeep] me off to no end. While this is a very tragic act, I am honestly not trying to down play this because this was horrendous, more people die each year on college campuses binge drinking than are killed by guns. More people die everyday driving home from work, than are killed by guns...so my question is...with all the supposed "lax" gun laws that we have...how have any of them stopped anything like this from happening? I see reports all of the time of gun wielding citizen saving someone but were are the examples of gun laws preventing something like this?
Sorry if I offended anybody about the shooting of Giffords, I truly am not trying to downplay it...I am simply trying to get people to take a breath and step back before they respond with knee jerk reactions because if we continue to give into this type of "fix it all legislation" it won't take long before the gov't can justify violating more of our rights when they have the temporary support of a grieving public.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71Anything I say regarding this situation is only going to cause more anger. The far right is full of happy and moderate folks who are committed to friendly debate. We will see how the voting public reacts and interprets this tragedy. My opinion doesn't really have a lot of relevance.

The voting public just spoke in November. I do have to agree with one thing you said, "My opinion doesn't really have a lot of relevance."

I found my words.

HB71, WOW just Wow but, I am not surprised given your past entries.

I should have heeded a wise old saying.
Never approach a Bull from the Front
Never approach a Horse from the REAR
or a FOOL from any direction

Carry on

T2G

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jinxed247While i feel sorry for the shooting victims and my prayers go out to all of their families....I can't help but get angry after watching news report after news report of democrats blaming our "lax" gun laws. New York, which is unfortunately the state I currently reside in when I am not in some far off country defending our freedom, is trying to send to legislation that would not only ban high cap magazines but semi-autos as well. It's nice to see that when we have a tragedy that the democrats are so oppurtunistic to try and immediately push their agenda through.
This [beeep] me off to no end. While this is a very tragic act, I am honestly not trying to down play this because this was horrendous, more people die each year on college campuses binge drinking than are killed by guns. More people die everyday driving home from work, than are killed by guns...so my question is...with all the supposed "lax" gun laws that we have...how have any of them stopped anything like this from happening? I see reports all of the time of gun wielding citizen saving someone but were are the examples of gun laws preventing something like this?
Sorry if I offended anybody about the shooting of Giffords, I truly am not trying to downplay it...I am simply trying to get people to take a breath and step back before they respond with knee jerk reactions because if we continue to give into this type of "fix it all legislation" it won't take long before the gov't can justify violating more of our rights when they have the temporary support of a grieving public. Only the dumpacraps would look to capitalize on a crisis.

Originally Posted By: jumprightinitOriginally Posted By: Rim_RunnerI hate to break this to you Dawg but to say someone is dead to you isn’t a death threat. It refers to being disowned.

I don’t know. I’m not in the loop there at the daily Kos. Sarah Palin’s map was pulled also so is there some conspiracy? Maybe both organizations felt it was the considerate thing to do, in light of what happened.

Originally Posted By: RubenatorOnly the dumpacraps would look to capitalize on a crisis.

And, it's deliberate and coordinated-

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47294.html

My favorite part-

One veteran Democratic operative, who blames overheated rhetoric for the shooting, said President Barack Obama should carefully but forcefully do what his predecessor did. “They need to deftly pin this on the tea partiers,” said the Democrat. “Just like the Clinton White House deftly pinned the Oklahoma City bombing on the militia and anti-government people.”

Speaking of Democrats who can't keep their pants on-

“Today we have seen the results” of “irresponsible and dangerous rhetoric,” former Democratic senator and presidential candidate Gary Hart wrote on Huffington Post. “Those with a megaphone, whether provided by public office or a media outlet, have responsibilities. They cannot avoid the consequences of their blatant efforts to inflame, anger, and outrage.”

The bodies aren't cold and they're exploiting it for political gain and gearing up for yet another liberty grab.

Originally Posted By: Rim_RunnerOriginally Posted By: jumprightinitOriginally Posted By: Rim_RunnerI hate to break this to you Dawg but to say someone is dead to you isn’t a death threat. It refers to being disowned.

I don’t know. I’m not in the loop there at the daily Kos. Sarah Palin’s map was pulled also so is there some conspiracy? Maybe both organizations felt it was the considerate thing to do, in light of what happened.

Did you see the democrat map of the US a few years ago? Pretty much the same thing...it outlined key repub states that could lose seats with bullseyes and talked about getting behind enemy lines to accomplish these goals. Gee I wonder why NBC didn't show that on there report this morning (night your time)? Hmmmmmmm....but i must be crazy to think that the media leans liberal..silly me

Back