Argo Amphibious Hog Hunting AATV

Hog Blind.

Gun rack and shooting rest installed today.

BJxi5mM.jpg

Originally Posted By: DesertRamComin' along nice there Gman. Looks like a nice new tool in the arsenal of hog hunting gear.

I like this vehicle. This is the second time out with it crossing a creek that is high due to recent rains.

I got some nice difused lens LED lights installed in the rear also.

gVUaw7j.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEWhat the frick,G, I leave for a bit and You already have another toy???

This is my last toy for a while..... The toy box is full.

S....don't they have a lot of these up there where you are for the snow?

When you bring that thing down here we will have to keep a close eye out for gators.

Water has receded a bit and I walked down an embankment to one of the known gator ponds that has a 10 footer in it that we normally give a wide birth to, he was out sunning himself in the bright sun yesterday and I counted 14 large cracked turtle shells around the perimeter of his home.

Cruising out on the prairie at night with NV and IR Illumination should be very interesting!

Originally Posted By: SkyPupWhen you bring that thing down here we will have to keep a close eye out for gators.

Cruising out on the prairie at night with NV and IR Illumination should be very interesting!

Honestly Pup the gators don't bother me too much although a 10 footer demands some attention. I lived on the bayous in MS and had them in the back yard. Have been around them bass fishing at night and gigging flounders in the marshes at night.... Went water skiing in the river when I was a teenager and it was full of them.

What does scare the heck out of me is water moccasins. This Argo sits real low in the water.....just about the height of a water moccasin swimming with his head up. One could slither right into that thing with no trouble. That's one reason I installed nice bright LED lights in the rear.

I would also keep my 20 Gauge Snake "Tamer" in the gun rack.

kEgzCJJ.jpg

Last edited:
+1 on the mocassins, I had one fall out of a tree into our canoe once.....I no longer canoe next to the edges.

Originally Posted By: SkyPup+1 on the mocassins, I had one fall out of a tree into our canoe once.....I no longer canoe next to the edges.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

That always makes for an interesting adventure boating, I can only imagine how exciting that gets in canoe!!

Rocky, that happened on the Santa Fe River and it resulted in a quickly evacuated canoe.

Also had it happen again in the River Styx swamp on the north end of Orange Lake duck hunting.....

We had a big Oak snake fall in the middle of the boat over here on the Suwannee, but he shot out over the edge about as fast as he hit the boat. Good thing too, my partner was not impressed up there on the front deck, as he only missed him by about a foot. But, yeah it does definitely get your attention.

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEHow come we have not seen any hogs slung across that unit yet?

Like one of these monsters?
smile.gif

5k905Rs.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rocky1That right there looks like a job for the snake gun!

True Rocky. As you can see from this vid I didn't have much luck with the 6.8.

I set up to get the 2 sows that had been coming in with these piglets. They came into the plot on high alert and I think it was due to the wind shifting around so much. They took off and it was game on. I was shooting through small pine trees and brush. I finally picked up the sow and moved my aim point to a clearing ahead of her. I knocked her down but could not see her very well. I was shooting from inside my electric cart and got out to check around me for the other sow in case she went in another direction.

Once I was standing out of the cart I could see the sow I hit sort of sitting up and I braced against the cart and finished her off. Those piglets were about the size of a large rabbit and I only hit one of them running at 100 yards. At least this ammo is cheap......seems like I go through a lot of it.

xsrtxWH.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEWow,Gman, that looks like a blast!!

It is S.....fun shooting at those runners and as you can see I don't mind going thru the ammo. Can't kill hogs with the rounds still in the magazine.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupThe crickets are chirping in January? Yikes!

No kidding.....and the mosquitos were biting too.
scared.gif

Last edited:
Back