Any trad shooters around ???

Thanks bowhunter57. your right, it's a personal choice between compound and trad equipment. Even though I love to shoot trad, I still cant come up with the nerve to sell my compound.

This is about the biggest Trad thread I've ever seen on PM. Time for some pics guys, post 'em up!

Bear Super Kodiak Mag w/ cedar shafts and Grizzly broadheads.

scan0010.jpg

My Osage Orange Cherokee flatbow that I made.

000_0058.jpg

The buck I shot with it. Again, with 160 grain Grizzlys.

000_0067.jpg

I took a buddy of mine to one of my spots that he'd never even stepped foot on before. It worked out well for him!

I didn't get his permission to use the pic, that's why he's blacked out.[in case you were wondering]

I think that's a Bob Lee recurve.

scan0002-2-1.jpg

I have a "HoyPs" bow i use for hunting these days. Used to be a Hoyt Huntmaster until a limb delaminated on me. Called Hoyt for some new limbs and they didn't stock it anymore. They told me to call PSE and they had the same generic TD recurve that was made by the same off-brand company and sure enuf they had limbs that would fit it. Works great.

img037.jpg

Used to have a Groves Spitfire that was a nice shooter, but at 70 lbs. i couldn't handle it and it's now gone. Still have an old American bow i use occasionally too.

Recurves here,, Hoyt gamemaster and my old shakespere. Both 50 pounders. Taken quite a few deer with the two. Last year i decided i wanted to take a coyote with one. Didn't work out so well though. Out of 16 called in, only got two shots,,,,neither found fur. Decided that i don't want to make em any smarter than they already are, so i'm leaving the curves at home now when i call..

Here are a few of my pictures. I have 2 custom longbows and two recurves.

Hogs killed with 48lb bow and grizzly broadheads.

i colect ben pearson bows shoot an old deer slayer or a hedge cherokee D style made by bear paw
nothing but wood shafts nock those strings. i build arrows for renaisance and mountain man events.

Been shooting trad for 5 years now. I had a longbow, but had to sell it. Traded and old Mathews for a BW PSA II this past October. Killed a doe with it a few days later. I also have a Timberhawk Recurve. Love'm both.

This past year's doe with 125gr glue on Snuffer at 10 steps.

101109032.jpg

Originally Posted By: BennyI've been shooting my own self made bows for almost 20 years.

I shoot one of Benny's bows...

I have lots to learn, but a great bow !
thumbup.gif

19 yard Antelope with a Benny bow.

34601goat4.jpg

34601goat11.jpg

Last edited:
Gave up the "training wheels" over 10 years ago and started shooting traditional with longbows, now I shoot 3 recurves. My favorite being a Black Widow PSR V takedown at 55lbs @ 28" for the whitetails and my Dad's old Shakespere Neceedah at 45lbs for the gobblers! Have not taken any yotes or fox with them yet but would like to!!!!

Back