Any love for the 308

Looks like the .308 works for you!
thumbup1.gif
Tell us more about the kitty!

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996Looks like the .308 works for you!
thumbup1.gif
Tell us more about the kitty!

Regards,
hm

Cat came on day 9 of a 14 day leopard hunt in Namibia.
62yards, 150g Hornady Interlock at 2800fps finsihed off his 9th life.

I'd love to tell you that we had to follow the leopard for hours and he charged 3x and my trusty 700 saved the day......but he simply just fell over dead where he was standing. Which was on his hind legs facing away from me while feeding at the bait tree. Shot entered just beneath the shoulder blades and exited under the right front leg. I found part of the bullet laying at the base of the tree. The tom weighed 140 pounds.

Ah the good ol 308. Nothing wrong with it at all, I've had a couple of them. I used to lob 178 gr amax at p-dogs with a Ruger 77 mk2 target model with a Shepherd scope on it. When the sun was right you could watch the bullet's arc as it lobbed in there.

I had a heck of a time getting any AR builds in 308 to shoot well consistently. Honestly the 110 vmax is a heck of an accurate bullet in anything I've ever shot it in, and the 308 is no exception.

I still remember what the kids in high school shot for deer hunting, and guys who shot 308 usually caught some crap for not being able to handle a 30-06 or 270 lol. Back then it was 243, 270, 06, seemed to be the popular ones and all a guy really needed.

Back