Any hogs in Colorado?

Originally Posted By: reaper4FW707, here we go again lol

Nah, this one got debunked fast.
grin.gif

CNP, (Cut n Paste Queen)

Debunk This!
What exactly was debunked?
FYI - Stevie Wonder could have found this, you really aren’t very bright, sorry to say!

The Holiday Blizzards were major storms occurring in two segments during the last two weeks of December 2006 in the Denver, Colorado area. The blizzards occurred within a week of each other. A subsequent storm, smaller in scope, struck the area less than week after the second blizzard, further hampering removal efforts and travel in the region.

Colorado Holiday Blizzard I

Colorado Holiday Blizzard II Edit

The Holiday Blizzard II was another intense snow storm. This storm was arguably more intense than the first, but hit a much less populated region. The storm struck Colorado on December 28 and December 29. Coming so soon after the first blizzard and forecast to be another major storm, the approach of this storm prompted runs on grocery stores, hardware stores (for snow shovels, snow blowers and generators, among other items) as residents prepared to be snowed in for a second time. Due to the previous heavy snowfalls and lack of snow removal on many residential streets (still nearly impassable from the first storm) were unmanageable.

Snowfall Edit
The second blizzard to hit Colorado followed a nearly identical path, with nearly identical conditions. However, this storm slipped south and hit the Southeastern Colorado Plains, Kansas and the Oklahoma and Texas Panhandles with severe wind and snow conditions. The snowfall totals from this storm were in addition to the snow that had fallen just a week previously.

Castle Rock, Colorado – 7.5 inches
Boulder, Colorado – 24 inches
Evergreen, Colorado – 20.5 inches
Littleton, Colorado – 10.5 inches
Golden, Colorado – 17 inches in 10 hours
Monument, Colorado – 14 inches
Impact Edit

Effects on travel Edit
This blizzard closed the Denver International Airport (DEN) at 2:45PM MST on the same day, stranding upwards of 40,000 at the airport. Due to DIA's remote location, many people were forced to spend the night inside the airport, sleeping on cots or the floor. As Denver is a major hub for United Airlines, an estimated 100,000 people were affected by the closure. The airport reopened 22 December at 12:00PM MST having been closed for a record 45 hours.[1]

Greyhound buses canceled all routes into, out of, and through Denver due to the storm.

Deaths Edit
The blizzard caused four confirmed deaths in Colorado, including one former CSU professor and a University of Colorado undergraduate student. Over two dozen deaths were reported in the Colorado, Kansas and the Oklahoma and Texas Panhandles as a result of these storms. Along the plains, between 10,000 and 15,000 cows were found dead due to the cold and severe weather conditions.

Regional effects Edit

Holiday Blizzard I was focused mainly on the Colorado Front Range, resulting in far smaller snow totals for the mountain ski resorts.

Holiday Blizzard II hit the Colorado Front Range almost as hard as the first storm, however, this storm moved south and east, burying the Southeastern Colorado Plains with 3' of snow, with snowdrifts topping 10' in some places.

Denver Edit
The first blizzard began early on Wednesday December 20, 2006, as a storm blew through the eastern plains of Colorado spilling as much as two feet of snow up and down Interstate-25, from Fort Collins to Pueblo. The entire state was mired in drifts of snow up to 8 feet (2.4 m) high and, at some locations, even higher drifts existed. Downtown Denver, in particular, experienced severe economic hardships as a result since so many paths were not clear for potential customers, but it was the same throughout many places. Denver International Airport, the tenth busiest airport in the world and one of the busiest places in Colorado, rarely closes for weather, but was forced to shut down operations for a record 45 hours. Doing so in the midst of Christmas traveling, the closing affected travel across the United States. Hundreds of flights were canceled, and many upset travelers were stranded in the DIA terminals, and even though the plows were used to maximize clearing the runways, thousands of travelers were forced to extend their stay at DIA. Many roads throughout the state were impassable, schools and other community functions were canceled immediately, and the general public of Colorado was snowed in.

I skimmed through all of that and didn't see one mention of any animal deaths let alone a decimation of some pig population.
That's a big conclusion to jump to from what you c&p'd

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: obaroKS and CO state agencies and USDA WS coordinated and did some pretty heavy work on them along their borders on the National Grasslands and several private properties in the southern corners. They flew it with both helicopter and fixed wing aircraft in 2010 or so and killed nearly 100 in a 24 hour period. There may be some that have filtered in since, but they (USDA and state wildlife agencies) are always monitoring and trying to keep them eradicated.

You are correct Obaro!

I started archery hunting for big game in 2006. My oldest Brother and I would venture to Arizona too hunt Archery Spring Javelina In January between two Mountain ranges on the desert floor. We wanted to get into hog hunting possibly in Texas, then I had heard rumors that feral hogs were in the southeast corner of Colorado. I spoke with the local division of wildlife officer (on the phone) in that area, he told me that a blizzard with heavy snowfall and winds came through wiping out thousands of cattle, antelope, deer and the feral hogs. He also told me that a number of the casualties were from freight trains because the only place animals could stand was the railroad tracks and they were taken out by the trains. Snow was 3’ plus 10’ drifts.

I am confident that the feral hogs may have slowly made their way back into Colorado from 2007 - current, it appears Colorado and Kansas have done a very good job at eradicating them for now.

I see where it claims between 10,000-15,000 cattle perished and 4 human deaths.
Read the part above where I say - I spoke with a DOW Officer, he said - The Blizzard wiped the feral pigs out!

Skim again! I’m sorry and not trying to pick a fight but, it really appears that retired moderators/PM Staff do NOT read very well and feel they need to convict as guilty until proven innocent!

First it’s FW707 Aka Cut n Paste along with his sidekick, Reaper4 (Rogue Cop) and now you? I would hope you are on a higher, more intelligent level than them?

Hopefully you can see it as you skim through again. Never once have I said anything in the article stated wild / feral hog deaths. DOW told me personally.

Should I expect this from now on with every post I make on this site

Criticized at every word? Is this still Predator Masters or was I directed to the FBI interrogations website?

Gheez!!!!

You are correct that i missed the part about the cows. I see that now.
Im not taking sides here.
Just stating what i observed.
You made a claim about pigs being wiped out by blizzards, he asked for your verifiable source. He said he couldn't find anything about the snow storms killing all the pigs. You called him slow/stupid for not being able to use google and then post a bunch of stuff that mentions nothing about pigs which is what this was about.
Yes you say it was told to you by a DOW officer. I'm not calling you a liar, just stating that's a source that can't be verified. At least not without a name of the officer.
What you copied and pasted did little to verify the blizzards had anything to do with the pig decimation. That's all im saying.

And i will graciously avoid your posts from now on since any retired mods that posts anything questioning what you post is obviously stupid or picking on you.

Thank you and greatly appreciated!

So, what I am reading from your post is that anybody that now posts a story/statement it needs to be verified?

Post away Sir!

Originally Posted By: crapshootI skimmed through all of that and didn't see one mention of any animal deaths let alone a decimation of some pig population.
That's a big conclusion to jump to from what you c&p'd

Yeah that was covered here:

Originally Posted By: songdog

"Sand Creek in Kiowa County, in southeastern Colorado, saw an invasion of feral hogs back in 2006. Hogs were showing up rooting in the bar ditches along the highway, and there were several hog vs. vehicle collisions.

These particular feral hogs brought a disease, Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS), to a commercial hog facility that was biologically controlled. The disease caused the killing of 6,000 domestic hogs and almost completely destroyed the facility.
The feral hogs were eventually destroyed by the CPW and further measures have been implemented, in an attempt to keep feral hogs from Colorado. Colorado has formed a collation to keep feral hogs away with Kansas, Oklahoma and the United States Department of Agriculture.

Disease and the CPW killed the hogs...
No mention of the hog-killer blizzard..

From the Montrose Press:
https://www.montrosepress.com/news/outdo...c8b6c32224.html

Looks like they forgot to ask the Colorado LE guy that Mr P talked to on the phone.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisCNP, (Cut n Paste Queen)

Debunk This!
What exactly was debunked?

This was debunked:

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisAt one time they were in SE Colorado.
They were wiped out by a blizzard with heavy snow a few years back.

By this:
Originally Posted By: songdog
The feral hogs were eventually destroyed by the CPW and further measures have been implemented, in an attempt to keep feral hogs from Colorado.

Last edited:
You don’t read so good!

I spoke with DOW in 2006, didn’t write down or remember his name.

I now know you are complete dick, you try to push me into saying something to ban me while you hide behind your “retired Moderator title” you are fooling nobody, your ignorance is keeping people on this site from posting anything. They may not be saying it but clearly you continue to derail any thread I am on.

YOU should be banned, you are posting nonsense and yes, the members here see it.

It appears the current moderators here are on your side, they sit in silence and don’t care about “Bullies” such as yourself!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisYou don’t read so good!

I spoke with DOW in 2006, didn’t write down or remember his name.

The Montrose Press didn't write down or remember his name either.

Do the many Great Sponsors on this site know you are an habitual instigator and your main goal is driving long standing members away as well as interrogate them because they cant remember a Persons name from 14+ years ago? A phone conversation you had with a DOW officer about hunting Feral Hogs in SE Colorado?

And HE told you they were wiped out by the same blizzard that buried 10,000-15,000 head of cattle!

FYI - no members, no sponsors, no website!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisJudge Cut n Paste,
I think the statute of limitations has expired on this case.

It was 14+ years ago!

Get over it........

Maybe somebody on here will be kind enough to explain to you the difference between cut and paste and quoting a comment and replying.
I haven't made the effort because I didn't want to embarrass you any more than you have already embarrassed yourself.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisDo the many Great Sponsors on this site know you are an habitual instigator and your main goal is driving long standing members away as well as interrogate them because they cant remember a Persons name from 14+ years ago? A phone conversation you had with a DOW officer about hunting Feral Hogs in SE Colorado?

And HE told you they were wiped out by the same blizzard that buried 10,000-15,000 head of cattle!

Did you miss this..

Originally Posted By: fw707
Disease and the CPW killed the hogs...
No mention of the hog-killer blizzard..

From the Montrose Press:
https://www.montrosepress.com/news/outdo...c8b6c32224.html

Or did you ignore it?

I am just a Coyote and Big Game Hunter!

Why would I pay attention to Montrose??

You are perfect in every way and what you DO NOT REALIZE is that Montrose is in SW Colorado, (South West)

I have been talking this entire time about SE - (South East to educated people) you have now made a COMPLETE FOOL of yourself!!!!

I told you what to GOOGLE and yet you chose to take a your own path because of your hatred towards me, and then YOU decide to look up Montrose Colorado!

Genius you are not!

I posted the actual article from the web above, it DOES NOT say anything about wiping out the Feral hogs. Get off PM and then head on over to Montrose Colorado which is in the SW part of the state to get a copy of that article for everybody to wipe their tears from laughing at you!!

As far as CNP? It’s not the end of my world, you can CNP all you want, I will kill stuff and post my stories, you will eventually get over me;-)

Hahahahaaaaaaaaa

You done?

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisDo the many Great Sponsors on this site know you are an habitual instigator and your main goal is driving long standing members away as well as interrogate them because they cant remember a Persons name from 14+ years ago? A phone conversation you had with a DOW officer about hunting Feral Hogs in SE Colorado?

Just so you don’t forget!

Back