Any daytime hunters?

I think from using a decoy a lot elevation takes the possibility of it being another predator out of the equation.

Here's the thing I did on decoys a while back.

Here's one of my set ups. The coyote from this one came in and walked around the decoy and caller looking up at it.
aVJnH8.jpg

I don't have a lot of pictures as I leave my phone in the truck but here's another decoy story

Last edited:
Day time hunting is all that is allowed where I hunt. My most successful stands are usually in the morning till about 10 o'clock and then at last light. Midday usually isn't that productive but sometimes pays off. With daytime hunting you are mostly calling to animals that are bedded so choose likely bedding areas to make your stands. Always play the wind. I've had mixed results with decoys. Sometimes they bring them charging in and sometimes they scare them off. Camo is good to have but not as essential not moving and using the environment for concealment. Always try to position yourself in the shadows with something behind you to breakup your outline. If possible, get the sun at your back.

Back