Another Big Male

DoubleUp

Last night was the first night after the full moon, and first night I've had decent weather to hunt in two weeks. I managed to get in a short stand ahead of the moon rise. There was a coyote hunting in the field within minutes after I got set up. He wasn't having anything to do with rabbit or bird sounds. I finally broke him loose with Canine Pups. I growled him to a stop at aboout 100 yds. and missed the chip shot somehow. Thanks to the suppressor (Banish 30), he ran a few yds. and stopped trying to figure out where that sound came from. He stopped quartering away from me and I settled down enough to put one in just behind his rib cage and blew his heart out with the 50 gr. v-max out of my AR. He ran a few yds. and gave up the ghost. Turned out to be another big male which I suspected it was when I first saw him. Landowner was happy to know he was gone. I'll post the video sometime today hopefully.

#41.jpg

Last edited:
Well Owen I am glad you are ok. Been thinking about why I had not seen you here. I would check that scope looks like both shots went low.

Thanks OC, been a tough couple of months for us with bad weather (wind and rain), and too many flub ups. DST isn't helping any now since I only hunt early. Ho

Well Owen, I guess he didn't want to die in the ditch like several of yours have done in the past. Glad you are getting out some again.

Thanks guys, and yes it's been a tough slog here since the first of the year. You're a funny guy Week, and I wish that were true.

Back