Annual Groundhog & Woodchuck tally for 2014 (no Prairie Dogs)

Hey bolski, pretty impressive stats for 2014 so far. If the last one on the list ends up being more than 1, you may have a problem
laugh.gif

I'm using these last few weeks of bad weather to get my cases prepped and loaded I hope. Saw 3 dead chucks on the roads this weekend. Guess they were looking for their shadow and found a Goodyear radial instead
whistle.gif

ARC< Been doing the same but in no Hurry. My long rides home will be far and few between this spring if you catch my drift. I cant wait to start [beeep]. Kept the .204 busy this winter but I foresee a windy spring so the 22-250 will be needing a tune up. Saw a few holes dug out on Saturday but temps are back down to the 20's again.

Was shocked to see 2 fresh road-killed groundhogs in the last two days. Been one of the worst winters in years around here. Sure hope both of them nailed lady 'hogs before they got nailed.

Saw a nice big hog today in the back forty 50º nice and sunny he was just sitting in the middle of the field, little does he know I have a new 6mmAI groundhog rifle coming shortly I usually don't shoot them till June but I may not be able to wait after the new hog gun gets here

Well I was gonna wait til about June before I pulled the trigger on a chuck but the guy I work with on the farm bet me $20 I couldn't hit this one sticking his head out of his hole at 240 yards.. Well I am now $20 richer as I dusted the chuck between the eyes with my MVP predator in .223 using 40 grain Nosler Varmageddons.. Sorry no pic, he was across a flooded field and a small stream, so recovery was out of the question.

Scored my first 2 g-hogs yesterday in the field right behind our house with my 22-250. It was warmer here again - although fairly windy. But those 55 Blitzkings at 3,725 fps out of my 24" 1 in 12 twist Savage barrel, just don't care. They get there fast, on target, and unplug stuff instantly! Not a bad way to celebrate the first day of Spring. Ha Ha

Today is going to be even better - but I doubt I will have time to get out. Saturday though will probably be my first official hunt of the new season, even if just for a couple of hours.

Got 1 on saturday 160 yds with the . 204 ruger. Man I just love Impact shots in the scope. Saw some hair move and that was it. He never moved a bit.

still not sure how to post pictures on here but I've been able to get out twice and killed 2 so far with my RRA .223. First one at 150 yards and the second at a range to close to brag about. I did get a shot at a third one around 280 yards but I think there might have been some kind of lead magnet in the rock next to him
lol.gif

HERE is an on site link on how to post pictures...Once you walk through it, you will find it will become second nature...

We have an informal rule in Varmint Hunting...Without pictures, it might not have happened...
tongue_smilie.gif

thanks OldTurtle I figured it out now. I gave 3 more a dirt nap today so theres 3 more to go with the last 2.

here's number 1: 157 yards
number1_zps618dc2c3.jpg

number 2: probably only 60 yards. didn't range it
number2_zps543df72d.jpg

number 3: ranged it at 255
number3_zpsbd638df9.jpg

number 4: didn't range it probably 40 yards
number4_zps377aa295.jpg

and number 5: didn't range this one either but id guess around 50 or 60 yards
number5_zpsb80bbaff.jpg

all with a RRA Predator Pursuit 20" .223 shooting a 65g GK

The count is 2 but without pics looks like i'm still at a goose egg..lol...But figured I would mention my experience yesterday. I have about 8 farms that I do extermination on. Well yesterday we had a nasty left to right wind, probly 15-20mph. So I sat down beside an old bulldozer sitting on the lane and ranged one at 389yds. He gave me 3 tries, the third being about 6in right of him and enough to scare the [beeep] out of him. Had he given me a fourth he would have been soup. Was borrowing my brothers Savage Trophy Hunter 223. Totally "guess" shooting. My MVP Predator is on the way.

Got this one at 589yds with 75amax. Another same evening at 190yd

This one went [beeep] up next morning at 418yds. 75amax and no pass through.

Back