Annual Groundhog tally for 2013

Now that's a hole!!
lol.gif

Nice shooting.

I'm gonna try my luck again tomorrow. I saw a few out along 81 today heading to work.

Figured I would weigh in on the PD count here.
I got out to the field for the first time ever hunting them little buggers. Been big game hunting for decades but finally got a 22-250 for PD's.
A friends property is overrun with them.
Got 12 a couple days ago...Man, I am hooked. Can't wait to get back out there. He has so many he says it feels like a job getting rid of them...figured I would be a nice guy and help him out with his "job".
Unfortunately I won't be able to get back out until the first part of January so my count won't change....Next year should be good [beeep].,

Darrell

Sad year for chucking. Especially since most were with the 17HMR.

2013 Groundhog totals:
Seen:28
Shots fired:24
Hit:17
No shots:1
Killed:15
Longest kill YTD:121yds
Hours hunted:11.5

Originally Posted By: ARCOREYSad year for chucking. Especially since most were with the 17HMR.

2013 Groundhog totals:
Seen:28
Shots fired:24
Hit:17
No shots:1
Killed:15
Longest kill YTD:121yds
Hours hunted:11.5

I think it was badd all over. It was a nothing year up here. They are about to go on the endangered list!

I think Wiley is getting the majority of them. I asked a farmer for permission to predator hunt and got shot down. Knowing how much pasture he has, I asked about groundhogs. He laughed and said they haven't been a problem since the coyotes showed up and the coyotes aren't bothering him. I had to chuckle to myself and think, "yeah right, and you're a cattle farmer". Wait until groundhog comes off the menu and veal goes on it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: ARCOREY
"....I had to chuckle to myself and think, "yeah right, and you're a cattle farmer". Wait until groundhog comes off the menu and veal goes on it
laugh.gif

You made me laugh!!! When they discover how dumb, helpless, and tender those calves are, those tough ol' grizzled groundhogs are off the menu for sure.

I had an aunt that had a small cattle spread - she raised American Kobe. She bought me a Sendero-II in .264 Win, with 6.5x20 Nikon Monarch glass - and paid my way to visit during calving time.

It was absolutely ugly, what a 95gr V-Max at close to the speed of light, did to them.
lol.gif

Back