American Tradition

TonyTebbe

With all today's advancements in Predator Hunting products, from firearms and optics to scents, from motion decoys to camouflage, from electronic callers to shooting rests....don't forget that success is something one simply cannot buy off of the shelf. To be successful at it, one must spend time in the field with their quarry, learning about them, what makes them tick, and what ticks them off, learning from one's own mistakes and adapting one's strategy based on what is learned.

Predator Hunting is a deep rooted American Tradition. Get out there and enjoy this sport that is as American as apple pie.

dentoncoyotehuntoldimg.jpg

coyotesgreeley1908.jpg

Old_Hunt_Photo_5_-_Coyotes.jpg

Coyote_Hunt2.jpg

fred_mahar_coyote_hunt2.jpg

Tony

Last edited:
Good post Tony, it is always good to take a step back and remember that all the tools we have now still don't make us good hunters unless we truly understand the animal we are trying to hunt.

I wish I lived back then.

Real, proud Americans and not tories like we deal with now.

I bet those were REALLY the "good ole days!"
smile.gif

Great pics.
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing sendit....I'll bet they drove them like deer with all those guys. Just put standers out and the other guys lined up. Guessing mostly shotguns too....But who knows for sure. They might have had a FoxPro.....lol

These are old photos that I've searched and found on the internet. I would assume that they were from coyote drives. They used to do them when I was a kid, back in Illinois. I've been on a couple, back in highschool. Everyone carried shotguns and would push pieces of property. I'll stick to calling.
smile.gif

The point I was trying to make with the post is something that I tell my calling students. The two best investments one could buy to be more successful at predator calling are: Gasoline and Shoe Leather.

Tony

Cool pics. Tony. I agree, they probably pushed the coyotes much like they did jack rabbits back then. Large group of guys with shotguns surround a section and start marching toward the middle. They actually clubbed jack rabbits at times, instead of shooting them, there were just that many of them.

Back