AKC OFA Black Lab Pups FS/FT

rainshadow1

Custom Call Maker
Was planning to move the lil' black butterballs out of the whelping area into the puppy area today, but it was just too hot. Even with the fan, and mist, and shade, it was just too much. I had a full sized Blue Ice pack out there with them, and as many of them as could get onto it were squeezed up there!

So they're back inside in the AC for awhile. (Upper 90's forecasted for the foreseeable future.) And I won't be able to get many cute puppy pics in a kiddie pool in a poorly lit basement, but I'll see what I can do after this big birthday weekend is done...

Dew Claws are removed.

ENS (early neurological stimulation) Therapy is officially done, but I'm still doing ENS on occasion to transition them to experiencing it while they see me (and soon they'll hear me too.) That sets them up for food dish training and gate training and the rest.

Teeth are still on their way. Still on milk.

$1000 for males

$1200 for females

$300 down to hold, and the balance on exchange.

30th of August is the ideal go-home date. (I calculated wrong last time.)

Feel free to talk to any of my previous puppy customers... these are awesome dogs, and this whelping routine WORKS! They Listen!

I'll post pics and videos as I can. Contact me for pics and videos of prior litters to see the whelping/training process in detail. These really are "started puppies."

Females from Leia’s litter are all reserved!

Males available. Feel free to contact me to discuss. Got some BEAUTIFUL black boys coming along!

b015a951fcb474912b89a0dde8bc8751.jpg

The pups are weaning… not of their own volition, but mamma Leia is quickly tiring of the new little needle teeth!

99eb3c76b6cf0db8cc14c5c767fcbe15.jpg

They’ve been eating mush for two days now, going at it voraciously! I make them spend some lovie butt-scratching time with me, then put the food down without them noticing. It’s just all of a sudden there! I’ll transition them to waiting for it next week.

Tough to get pics, it’s SO hot! They’re either in the little cool area, or it’s dark! But I got some screen captures from some rough selfie stick video today. Got some beautiful black babies coming up in this batch! Gorgeous boys!

Male pups still available.

Excited about these boys, showing some stout built square headed development for 4 week olds!

362210927_258552883576307_5221296386502006900_n by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

362185838_258552996909629_826007291908650243_n by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

362070444_258552833576312_2684494571669942801_n by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

361917203_258553466909582_6175061420307894335_n by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

The heat, and rescuing a teenager white golden retriever the other day, is slowing my puppy conditioning program a little bit, they need to just stay put in the puppy area for right now... but they're showing some great attentiveness and eye contact during the pre-feeding socializing sessions. They're ready for the work. Will be training gates and sit & hold and food release soon!

Another Pup reserved... 5 Males remaining, although I may have a homeschooler scholarship puppy, I'll confirm that as soon as I can...

Started them along the path to wait and look to me first, before the food dish can be approached. Two sessions in, they were all completely content to sit back and look to me before going to the dish. They weren't sure what I wanted from them, but they all knew rushing the dish wasn't allowed.

This morning, third session, they were a LOT more hungry and aggressive (not so hot) but they still all sat back in a group and looked to (and talked to, and got scratches and snuggles from) me before approaching.

They're doing awesome! I'm going to see how this follows through to their 6-8 week food dish behavior, but we're on to something here! Really excited to see these blackies developing their manners!

Here's what you get: at 10 weeks...
Dew Claws Removed,
ENS therapy performed from dew claw removal to eyes/ears opening,
First and Second Rounds of Immunizations (good to go),
de-wormings,
AKC registration applications,
Parents are AKC, OFA- Excellent, Sire is DNA registered,
AND,
these pups are Conditioned to LISTEN!
They wait at gates/Doors,
they wait to be released for their food,
they're working on controlling their emotions and staying 4 on the floor,
they're working on keeping quiet,
they're learning leash manners and commands like heel, sit, come, (lie) down, and others.
They're ready to transition to your home and pick up right there.
They're essentially STARTED PUPPIES!!!
Contact me for price, availability, and deposit procedures.
Available end of August!

The pervasive heat we’ve been experiencing, and our family (and solitary kennel space being used to) rescue a beautiful lite golden retriever have both served to slow the training process on this litter, but it’s created pups that are much more interested in the desires of the human when there is an interaction session. Really curious about this development… they want to please even MORE.

Here’s a video from today showing how calm and attentive these kids are this litter.

Notice the yawning and whining… those are great indicators of attempting to self-control. (As opposed to yapping and jumping around.)

These puppies are amazing!

A couple males still available!

Clouded over, but it’s still hot!

3a75e0990fa93fa44ddf76f1e9594966.jpg

Waiting to be released for their food…………..

Because I told them to!

This group is remarkably responsive and attentive. Great bunch of pups showing outstanding potential. Really fun!

Got several conversations going right now, but as of this moment there are three boys available. (Won’t last long, I ‘spect!)

1k$ OBO / Trades Considered.

Let me know if you want in on this litter, next one not planned for a year, at least.

Last puppy was waiting for her ride in a couple days, so I used her in the meantime to make some video on taking your puppy home for the first time...

After that video, I did a quick series that culminated with a COMPLETE leash training session, from first sight of the leash, to leading at heel.

The next to the last video is a little tedious, but I didn’t want to cut it down any more because I wanted new puppy owners to see the WHOLE process from start to finish.

(I cut a few of the side videos out of it, but it really shows the whole process …WIN!)

They’re on my YouTube page but I’ll post them here.

Expectations…

The Leash’s job…

How to call an untrained puppy…

Here’s the big FIRST leash session!

Beginning to WIN!

Follow-up session, reinforcing what she learned during the breakthrough…

Drilling the Leash - New Puppy Session 6

These steps are followed by more reinforcement and flow seamlessly into teaching “Kennel” and sitting her down, walking to the end if a check cord and teaching “Come” and then those flow into incorporating fetching and other more advanced disciplines.

They all springboard off of each other. But they all start with the leash.

I couldn’t show any of the next steps with this puppy because she needed more drilling and she was desperate to bond after these sessions, so I had to just leave her to her new owners.
(Un-bonding is one of the hardest things that can happen to a pup.)

Back