6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the OP, do you shoot long range? The WSSM cases were never intended as a target cartridge. Therefore, coinciding bullets with high BC were not designed for the WSSM. The 6.5 CM was marketing at it's finest. A cartridge with an OAL of 2.820 was designed to fit in a standard short-action magbox while still delivering a .600+ BC. This was all pushed by Dave Amory and Hornady. Hence the great bullets and a well-designed case.

Can you get other 6.5s to our perform? Sure you can. However, the designed of the cartridge wasn't one that allow for it to fit in a magbox while using high BC bullets.

You obviously have your panties in a wad over this. I don't understand why the 6.5 CM upsets folks. It's a well thought out cartridge for what it offers. It's not a do-all cartridge but becomes closer to that than anything else on the market. Go shoot it out at 1,000+ yards and tell us why it sucks.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760The only thing funnier than the "6.5 Creedmoor is the best ever" guys are the ones who hate the round. I think it is all funny.

Ditto......I don't care one way or the other but I do find the bickering entertaining.

gRFz5zAl.jpg

hzVrkxKl.jpg

Originally Posted By: nightcallerI honestly don't get why anyone besides match shooters with velocity constraints would ever even consider this new POS. Marketing has done an inexplicably amazing job selling this to the masses. And the sheep have lined up for an underwhelming product that brings nothing but"new" to the table. At least the wssm hype was interesting. This one is mind boggling.

There, I've got it off my chest.

WHAT IS YOUR MALFUNCTION????

Originally Posted By: ackleymanOriginally Posted By: nightcallerI honestly don't get why anyone besides match shooters with velocity constraints would ever even consider this new POS. Marketing has done an inexplicably amazing job selling this to the masses. And the sheep have lined up for an underwhelming product that brings nothing but"new" to the table. At least the wssm hype was interesting. This one is mind boggling.

Ah, that's cute.

I wonder if he's really big into Ackley cartridges, too?? That combination would constitute a HUGE MALFUNCTION for some people. NO????

d0d459cc1c29aaf918371967f768a169.jpg

The reason I bought a 6.5 was it was available in the Ruger Precision that I wanted with a longer barrel than the .308 version

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: ackleymanOriginally Posted By: nightcallerI honestly don't get why anyone besides match shooters with velocity constraints would ever even consider this new POS. Marketing has done an inexplicably amazing job selling this to the masses. And the sheep have lined up for an underwhelming product that brings nothing but"new" to the table. At least the wssm hype was interesting. This one is mind boggling.

Ah, that's cute.

I wonder if he's really big into Ackley cartridges, too?? That combination would constitute a HUGE MALFUNCTION for some people. NO????

Ackley-Creed, funny. Does that require a license or just a membership.

Originally Posted By: IdahoSawtoothRePete that's one of the funniest things I've ever seen and kind a true to.

The "Hill Street Blues/6.5 Creedmoor" picture has been a staple on 24 Hour Campfire for several months now when 6.5CM topic pops up.

Originally Posted By: tripod3Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: ackleymanOriginally Posted By: nightcallerI honestly don't get why anyone besides match shooters with velocity constraints would ever even consider this new POS. Marketing has done an inexplicably amazing job selling this to the masses. And the sheep have lined up for an underwhelming product that brings nothing but"new" to the table. At least the wssm hype was interesting. This one is mind boggling.

Ah, that's cute.

Ackley-Creed, funny. Does that require a license or just a membership.

You have to know the secret password. And have the special de-coder ring.

This guy is a right-handed 6.5 CM shooter who also arm wrestled at local bars during the weekend. A true win win situation.

Here's a very recent photo of him. He's older now and retired from arm wrestling. But he still shoots his 6.5CM every day. (Someone put a funny caption on the picture)

J6EbkCEl.jpg

Say what you will about the 6.5 cm, you can walk into nearly any store that sells guns and buy one and the ammo that goes with it. Several different brands and weights. You can’t say that about 260, 264, 6.5x47 or any other 6.5. They at least support this one. And they do shoot very well.

Originally Posted By: jlsbassmanSay what you will about the 6.5 cm, you can walk into nearly any store that sells guns and buy one and the ammo that goes with it. Several different brands and weights. You can’t say that about 260, 264, 6.5x47 or any other 6.5. They at least support this one. And they do shoot very well.

You must live in a really bleak part of Texas with very little human interaction. And no decent gunshops.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotsee, said it twice. must really mean it.

It was definitely worth repeating.

A few years ago it was WSSM.
Now it is this CM.
In 5 years it will be something else.
It is called selling something new and making money.
Writer of magazines get paid for writing up new stuff and getting you to buy it.
Remember, when Semi-Automatic pistols were hot, Nobody want Revolvers.
Glock came out and wheel guns were traded in for nothing.
You will be lucky to buy CM brass in five years. You see any WSSM brass for sale.
I love new things and so do you. So, have fun with what ever you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back