55 GR Nosler 243?

With winter always comes daydreams of new rifles in new chambering's never tried before. Mine just turned to the 240 Hawk designed by Fred Zeeglan. Fred just happens to offer pre-chambered Savage barrels and head space gauges. Lets see now that should cost about 5 or 6 coyotes. That's another thing that happens in winter I start thinking about the cost of things in coyotes instead of money.
The 240 Hawk should get that little 55gn 6mm bullet moving right along.
BTW Fred also rents reamers and gauges for about anything ever thought of. I have a reamer for his 375 Hawk/Scovill. That turned out to be one hummer of a cartridge for caribou. I shoot it with a 375gn 375 cal cast bullet and it has proven effective in the extreme on caribou. I made a broad side shoulder hit on a large bull and the shock of impact literally blew both antlers off.

You guys using the 55, are you having to jump these bullets aways? I had a 100ct box of the 55s and ran a few loads with H4895 in my 243 but accuracy was mediocre. I didn't play with bullet depth at all. Kinda gave up on the bullet as I didn't think I would ever get great accuracy due to the fact I would have to jump them a mile to the lands and didn't want to burn up the throat on the 243 any sooner than need be. Now you guys have me re-interested.

Back