2nd Annual LBL hunt

Bad News!! Bad News!!!

I had said this from the start, I would be there unless my wife was having problems with the pregnancy. Well this past Wendsday night I had to take her to the hospital. Everything turned out fine then, so I went ahead on a trip I had planned for last weekend out to Nashville. Soon as I got out there I called home to check and make sure she was ok. I thought I was going to have to turn right around and head back but she tuffed it out till I got home the next day.

So I am going to stay closer to home till the little one gets here. I would hate to miss it, never would hear the end of that.

Everyone have a great time and be careful. I'll see you at the next one.

Centerfire_223,

You stay at home and take care of that gal! One of the best moments in life is holding your child at birth...nothing really compares. Wishing you the very best and may God bless you with a little hunting partner!

SeeYa next time. Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

We thought about heading out thursday nite but may change that to friday morning. It depends on the weather, but regardless we will be there.

Hey, Jimmie and Critr. My bud and I are gonna try to get away from Louisville around 1 our time, which should put us at Wrangler's by 4 p.m. LBL time. That's if I can get my LBL permit at a Wally World up here. If not, we'll probably stop at the Wally World just off the parkway in Princeton to see if they carry them.

In case I strike out on the LBL permits at Wally World, does anyone know what time the visitor center at Golden Pond locks up on a weeknight?

Kf, your feelings are going to be hurt when you see what I took today if'n you have to wait on that permit until saturday morning. TOO many holes for teh hide to be worth a dime but the color phase is fantastic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Jimmie

Jimmie in Ky, you 'ol dog killer!

Did you see Plumbrich today? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
He radioed me via Nextel around noon... real excited. Something about coyotes? :eek:

No I missed him and Wayne both tonight. I was a wee bit busy when I should have been a walking out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think what Rich and I looked at a couple of weeks ago was the area you worked last year. It is still hot with a capitol H! If he was in there hunting today he got himself a thrill. They were howling big time tonight.If he got one he used up some shoe leather to do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Jimmie

Well, Im packed up and ready to go! Got all the gear packed up today, picked up a few things a walmart. I gess we will head out about 5:00am Thursday morning. Should put us down there around 11:00 am or so, if everything goes good.

I crashed my laptop last week, so been offline for a few days. Was logged on to the server making some changes here at work, and the server fryed, some how it also fryed my laptop! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I got it up and going again so should be in good shape! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Then on top of all that I bought a new Ar-15 and wanted to take it down to the hunt. It took me 5 trips to the gun shop to get it lined out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Yesterday I finaly got it shooting good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Its been a long week, Im ready to get out and hunt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kee

Congrats, Jimmie! Does all those holes mean you used the scattergun, or did you empty the magazine on that yote and then reload? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If you haven't trashed the hide, you might save it for those Scouts. They probably just want the experience of tanning some, regardless of whether it has a few holes.

Was able to get my LBL permit at the Wally World up here tonight. For what it's worth, if there are other Kentucky hunters who haven't got their LBL permit yet, it appeared to me that any WalMart hooked up to the state licensing system ought to be able to do the same. Now I don't have to worry about getting to Golden Pond before it closes on Friday.

What drainage was tonight's dog on? You aren't gonna burn 'em out on that hurt pup before Saturday are ya? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jimmie, my friend, you are right again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
It sure looks to be a good year for coyotes on LBL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Good luck you all... I'll thinking of everyone while I'm working this weekend! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Chet

I'm pumped. Can't wait to mee all you guys. I loaded a crapload of ammo boxes of .223s. 40s 50s 60s 69s 75s. My shoulders are sore.
I am riding with Randy Merta and we should be there by 11:00 or noon friday.
So, is the nearest wal-mart that far away from LBL? Maybe Merta and I should stop at the first one we see in Ky? Thanks men! See ya there. jerryboy

Sorry to butt in here guys,but I'm curious,what is the LBL hunt exactly ?,......and forgive me for not reading all six pages of posts to find out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seldom ever, we had talked about a get toghether like they have in arizona for some time. We located the largest piece of public ground here in the east we could find centrally located and it snowballed from there.

What we discovered besides a bunch of great guys was some of the most challengiing hunting any of us had tried.It kind of stuck in our craw that a bunch of itty bitty dogs had licked us so we're going at it again. Hopefully we'll keep it up year after year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Jimmie

Ok guys I know this is last min. but I'm looking for someone to hunt with on the Tennessee side. Where will everyone meet at and what time?

waynep embedded at LBL w/critter, plumrich and plumhelper @ LBL. plumrich has the formula he made 6 stands saw 5 dogs killed 1. He's the man!

Been here since Sunday. started hunting yesterday morning. action so hot plummer left his job, flew to nashville plumrich picked him up this a.m.

Plumhelper missed dog went firing pin failed. Critter arrived this p.m. I struck out. Heard them but didn't see them. Plumrich has unique call but I won't spill the goods. Ask him yourself when you get here.

Will update results tomorrow.

Back