22 Creedmoor

In my post you quote, I said “exact same bullet”

At some point you start splitting hairs when talking about differences based on rifling geometry and all that.

In my post you quote, I said “exact same bullet”

At some point you start splitting hairs when talking about differences based on rifling geometry and all that.
I understand completely, and I even acknowledged as much. But just because you and I know this...doesn't mean a random person does. And if they don't, they start trying to spit out untrue beliefs as gospel fact cause they read it on Predator Masters.

I'm seriously considering the 22CM for my long range bench setup for sage rats, PD's and rock chucks. I would like to hear from anyone shooting this cartridge. Give me the good, bad and ugly!

I pulled this from the top. You guys that are saying you want "flat" and don't have time or want to dial turrets ,may need to rethink the above purpose. Not talking holding on fur for coyotes .
As already stated we don't know what his long range distance really is. That said, I don't have any 22 creed info to offer,yet ! Having spent a bunch of time on a bench for sage rats, PDs and RCs, distances where dialing becomes necessary is where the challenge and fun really begins !

I can see a 22 creed with 75/80 gr bullets being a dang good time swatting varmints !

I have had a 22CM for about 2+ yrs now. Brass, no problem, use 6.5 or 6cm resize it, send it. I have a 1:8 barrel so shoot anything from 50 on up but tend to stick with the
75vmax, it is accurate, reaches out there and rolls em. Barrel life, I dont think is that big a deal, you shot it till it gets hot, they are all going to go south fairly quickly, shoot some
let cool, etc.. Barrels are not that expensive, the fun factor overrides it. If we did it for the economics, nobody would be shooting or hunting any more. I use 204, 223, 22 250, 22cm, 6cm all at about 300 and under its pretty much a shoot it..might hold over or a bit higher at 300 with the heavies, past 300 you are going to need to hold or dial, personally like dialing I find it more accurate for me. One thing I can guarantee, the time afield is way to short to sit here and argue and call names, get out there and have some fun.

The only thing “baffling” here is your ignorance.

I don’t know what’s more cringe, your thought process and attitude or your grammar. You’re the best kind of person to have this type of conversation with, because nobody has to tell you how stupid you are, you do it all by yourself.

Flat is flat. The only advantage you’ll have shooting at distance with “modern optics” is if you have glass with an integrated LSR, and adjusts your dope for you.

Otherwise, the difference between holding on a coyote at 400 and having to dial on one at 400, there is no comparison.

The difference between misjudging yardage in a rushed situation, and being off by 50-75 yards, there’s no comparison.

I didn’t understand, what you couldn’t see about any of this. The more I read your comments the more it made sense, like I said before, you show your stupidity all by yourself. I’m sure this goes against your big ego and opinion too, which is fine. It’s hard to give advice to someone that already knows everything, but I’ll give it a shot anyway…

How about next time you try to hear someone out, and just have a simple conversation about their opinions and experiences? I know that tiny thing in between your ears, probably doesn’t have the capacity to think someone else can be right too. But it’s worth a shot.
Let me see if I can define flat. Your shooting at 500yds and the bullet never rise's or falls above or below the line of sight. Using it with MPBR zero the bullet will never rise above or fall below the kill zone of the target you are shooting at! Now if you were to extend flat shooting to 500yds either at Mid range the bullet will go over the top of the target or at 500yds will go under, one or the other! So sight in at 500yds to hit the target size and at mid range you shoot over the target by holding dead on. That is not flat!

I pulled this from the top. You guys that are saying you want "flat" and don't have time or want to dial turrets ,may need to rethink the above purpose. Not talking holding on fur for coyotes .
As already stated we don't know what his long range distance really is. That said, I don't have any 22 creed info to offer, yet ! Having spent a bunch of time on a bench for sage rats, PDs and RCs, distances where dialing becomes necessary is where the challenge and fun really begins !

I can see a 22 creed with 75/80 gr bullets being a dang good time swatting varmints !
I'd agree with except for one thing. I used to shoot quite a bit at ground squirrels year's ago and I found it gratifying to hit one at over 300yds. Problem is the size of the target. A person that shoot's one inch from a bench at 100 yds will not shoot one inch from a field position at 300yds. Assuming no holding error and correct range estimate the reality is the one inch rifle at 100yds is one minute of angle at 300yds. That's three MOA at 300yde or roughly three inch's, enough to miss very small critter's! Now the rifle cartridge that keeps the bullet level with the line of the bore has a chance to hit depending on the ability of the shooter!

There is another post in reloading on the new 62 VT’s but yes they are seemingly a “ have your cake and eat it too “ situation. You get the high velocities of a 22-250 shooting 55gr bullets but with the BC of a heavier 73/75 gr bullet.
Of course it won’t settle any of the arguments above so y’all can carry on.😎
I would like to add that while I don’t know c_bass16 personally I can assure you from his history on this forum from back in the day…. The guy knows his stuff!
While the two sides of this discussion may be from two schools of thought I can assure you the experience / knowledge is there no question.

Good morning all,
I read through this yesterday, I guess I'll stick my toe in the mud a little.
I do not have a .22 creed. But 10 years ago, I had a Rem 700 in 22-250 action trued and re-barreled with a Shilen 7.8 twist, its shooting 80 gr. Burger VDL pills @ 3150 fps. it's sighted in 2 inches high @ 100 yards and right on at around 220 yeads and little low at 300 and 48 inches low @500 yards.
Now if coyote is 300 yards or closer, I hold on fur and bang done, beyond that there is usually time to rang and dial correction due to they are hung up watching and not willing to come in closer or on a bait pile. I have harvested coyotes out to 634 yards. (that is the main reason for its build)
I think the .22 creed is very interesting and will likely have one at some point or my next barrel may be when I do that. It's at around 1500 rounds through, no complaints with brass life and is a pleasure to shoot.
I have done a couple PRS matches with it but not willing to sacrifice barrel for that purpose.

This is just my hands on experience... if you go with a .22 creed have fun and enjoy it!

Has anyone had any experience with H4831sc or H1000 shooting 75-88gr bullets? I see H4350 mentioned a lot and I would like it is a little faster burn rate than ideal. But it obviously it works for many.

Has anyone has any hangfires issues with CCI450 or Rem 7 1/2 in with the powders mentioned?

such a misunderstood principle.

"FLAT" is a subjective term most can't or are unwilling to quantify.
Flat at 100 is different than Flat at 300 and both are different than Flat at 600.

It's actually a pretty stupid concept and it's exactly the reason most new cartridges are designed to shoot higher bc bullets with faster twists...because "FLATTER" doesn't mean jack in 2024 with modern optics.
"Flat" is not subjective in any way. A cartridge and bullet combo that has less drop than another cartridge/bullet, over any distance is flatter. The trajectory can easily be measured and there is absolutely no subjectivity at all.

Has anyone had any experience with H4831sc or H1000 shooting 75-88gr bullets? I see H4350 mentioned a lot and I would like it is a little faster burn rate than ideal. But it obviously it works for many.

Has anyone has any hangfires issues with CCI450 or Rem 7 1/2 in with the powders mentioned?
Not in a CM, but I've tried H-4831 in my 22x47 Lapua with 80 Bergers.

Got them up to 3381 in a 23" Bartlein, and shot quite well, but H-4350 still edged it out in accuracy.

I run 7 1/2's in almost everything with a small primer pocket, occasionally 205's, never 450's.

How does the 80 Berger perform on coyotes at 3200-3400fps? I have used the 75ELD-M and it is a decisive. I would assume the 80 Berger is a little thicker jacket and the open tip (non-polymer) opens up a little slower. The G7 for both are pretty close.

How does the 80 Berger perform on coyotes at 3200-3400fps? I have used the 75ELD-M and it is a decisive. I would assume the 80 Berger is a little thicker jacket and the open tip (non-polymer) opens up a little slower. The G7 for both are pretty close.
The 80 grainers are hammers on Coyotes and racoons and pretty good on white tail but need to watch shot placement on them.
I'm looking forward to more info on the ELD-vt pills when they get out in circulation.

That would make the 22 creed with an 80 grain eld-m bullet about 125 fps faster at 3285.
yes sir sounds about right, I still have case capacity but happy with what its doing, I do know of a guy that had same build before I had it done that was pushing it harder and faster but don't know fps.

Back