22-250

Yeah I have the 8 twist tikka. I sanded out the barrel channel for a full free float, changed the trigger spring out, installed the vertical grip, changed the bolt handle out, and rattle canned it. (All of that wasn’t needed but it was just my preference)

It’s been awesome so far. It’s shot factory 50gr vmax exceptionally well. I also loaded for 53gr vmax for it when I first got it and it shot those well too. I decided to shoot up my factory stuff first before I committed to only shooting hand loads.

I did notice that I ran into pressure a little earlier than I would have expected with Varget. However, it still shot great when backed off a little bit.

I also shot some nosler factory ammo with it too. It shot pretty well but I was getting around 150fps in extreme spread. Didn’t mess with it after that.

Just my opinion here, but I think the barrel is a tad bit slower than other factory barrels but I wouldn’t let that stop you from buying it.
Thank you, I appreciate you sharing your experience. I'll see if I can get one on the way!

Back