Best Weaver Style Rings?

SDCoyoteCaller

I have a Savage Predator Hunter on order and am looking for some good Weaver style scope rings. It looks like the Predator Hunter has built in Weaver Bases already on it, so I will have to go with the Weaver type rings. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

Which ones are the best?

I have heard good things about Warne rings and was thinking about going with them. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

warne are good but i dont like the ones that srew toghether wertically. I just ordered burris zee rings weaver styke for my savage and my new stevens. they are awesome and look great. they have torx head screws on the cap and resemble a leupold ring but with a weaver base.

Quote:
warne are good but i dont like the ones that srew toghether vertically.

I am a little leary about that as well. If the bases are not lined up perfectly is it more difficulty to get these rings aligned? With regular rings, you can just lap them and things should be fine, but am not sure how you would fix it with the Warne rings. Anyone have any ideas?

je4bowhuntin,

What is your reason for not liking the vertically aligned rings?

I have a model 10 predator and I put a set of warne rings on it. The only adjustment I had to make sighting it in was, I had to bring it over about 1" at 100 yards. I have had millet rings and hated them. Good luck with the rings. You will love the new gun. My is a 223 and I am shooting 1/2" groups at 100 yards with factory ammo.

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I got one more question though. I am going to put a Weaver Grand Slam scope with 50 mm objective on it and am not sure whether I would need the medium or high height rings? Thanks again.

sdcoyote, you will probably need the high rings, i have two savages and they both have 40mm with med reings and i dont think i could fit a 50mm on them.

again check out the burris rings, they are very nice.

good luck

sdcoyote,when you sit the scope in the bottum halves of your ring you get a pretty good feel if they are in line with one another or not with the vertical mount it is hard to tell. i also find it harder to adjust eye relief and leveling the scope b/c the rings are loose on the bases and scope instead of just the scope.

Quote:
sdcoyote,when you sit the scope in the bottum halves of your ring you get a pretty good feel if they are in line with one another or not with the vertical mount it is hard to tell. i also find it harder to adjust eye relief and leveling the scope b/c the rings are loose on the bases and scope instead of just the scope.

That makes sense to me. Thanks.

I think I got it narrowed down to either the Burris Signature Zee or XTR, or the Leupold. The TSR "W" rings from TPS look awesome, but are a little spendy. The Burris rings seem to be very popular, but what else can you guys tell me about the Leupold rings. They look very nice and solid.

Yotekllr,

How much are the Burris XTR rings and where can a guy find them? Thanks.

Just courious but is that weaver base removeable on the Predator? I have not looked at one that close, just handled a few in the gun shop.

Quote:
Yotekllr,

Opticsplanet has them at $45 a set for 30mm with free shipping. I got mine at SW for $30 a set they didn't even know what they were and had the regular ring pricing so I bought all that they had. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Go to burris website and they have a good sizeing chart that lists almost every rifle made.

Quote:
Just courious but is that weaver base removeable on the Predator? I have not looked at one that close, just handled a few in the gun shop.

goatpacker,

I am not sure. I was wondering that myself. I handled one in the store once and then went to my local dealer and ordered one for $100 bucks cheaper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I failed to pay that close attention to whether it was removable either. Maybe someone else here will be able to enlighten us on that.

Quote:
Quote:
Yotekllr,

Opticsplanet has them at $45 a set for 30mm with free shipping. I got mine at SW for $30 a set they didn't even know what they were and had the regular ring pricing so I bought all that they had. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Go to burris website and they have a good sizeing chart that lists almost every rifle made.

Yotekyllr,

Thanks for the info. Those rings do fit on weaver style bases correct? On Midway's website, they list them as being picatinny style for mounting them on a picatinny rail. I don't own an AR, so I don't know much about the picatinny rail. Maybe it is the same as the weaver style base. Thanks.

Edit: Sorry Yotekyllr. I looked on Burris' website and found the answer. They do work on Weaver bases. Thanks.

Last edited:
sd coyote, the weaver bases on the predator are removable but they look so good matchin the brush pattern i would leave them on if i were you. just orfer the burris zee rings. i just put them on my new stevens and on my savage 16 in 243 and they are tuff and look great.

Quote:
sd coyote, the weaver bases on the predator are removable but they look so good matchin the brush pattern i would leave them on if i were you. just orfer the burris zee rings. i just put them on my new stevens and on my savage 16 in 243 and they are tuff and look great.

je4bowhuntin,

Thanks for the info. I think I will go with the Burris Signature Zee Rings. I like the idea of the Pos Align system if I need that. I realize you have to buy that separate, but it is probably worth it. Now I just got to find somewhere that actually has them in stock. I think I will need the high rings and I want them in matte finish and I can't find them in stock anywhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif Oh well, the gun is on backorder anyway so it isn't like I need them right away. Thanks again for the help.

Quote:
Quote:

je4bowhuntin,

Thanks for the info. I think I will go with the Burris Signature Zee Rings. I like the idea of the Pos Align system if I need that. I realize you have to buy that separate, but it is probably worth it. Now I just got to find somewhere that actually has them in stock. I think I will need the high rings and I want them in matte finish and I can't find them in stock anywhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif Oh well, the gun is on backorder anyway so it isn't like I need them right away. Thanks again for the help.

http://www.Shoptics.com

Get to the site, do a search for Burris Signature Zee Rings.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

je4bowhuntin,

http://www.Shoptics.com

Get to the site, do a search for Burris Signature Zee Rings.

worriedman,

Thanks alot for the tip. I just ordered a set from them along with the Pos Align inserts. It didn't say whether or not they were in stock or not online, but they had the best price I had found online and with the free shipping it was a no brainer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Thanks again.

Back