I see the US Optics banner...

knockemdown

...so I reckon they are now an official PM sponser /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Well, who owns one of these bad azz optics and can comment on them? Or maybe just run one for a spell???

How is it spec'ed & what does it live atop?

For those who just WANT one...which model stands out to you & how would you customize it for your shooting needs?

Not sure. USO has lots of nice models to choose from.......

291564689.jpg

Glad someone took that bait!
I'll take #3 to go with my #3 windage knob...

Also interested in the OPTICS related answers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys Soreloser and I are working on USO right now and we are having dinner tomorrow night with the CEO John B. Williams III. He will be putting out some great (and to some at least little known)facts about optics; light gathering, objective sizes, ranging with scopes, etc. I will keep you guys posted on when that will be available from John. He has also indicated some interest is making a predator hunting type reticle so we will explore that more as well. For varmint guys their current offerings are pretty sweet though.

Soreloser is currently shooting a Howa .22-250 with a USO SN3 scope on it and I will let him elaborate on that particular optic.

For those who don't know check out their web site at www.usoptics.com. This is a real family owned business with a great reputation for customer service and custom built scopes. They do a lot of work with the military and police, in particular police SWAT teams. By the way they are all made in the USA.

US OPTICS is top notch all the way. I have a stock ST-10 on top of a Remington PSS in .308.

Chupa

ETA: I believe there is only one other company in the same league as US OPTICS as far as quality is concerned. But the customization options from USO is nothing short of stellar.

Last edited:
Augnmike,
Looking forward to perusing that material from JBW. And also Soreloser's comments on his SN3.
There was a lightly used SN3S on another site's classifieds that somehow found a way to get shipped to my address. Not sure exactly how that happened though, I'm still a little dizzy...

Chupa,
what reticle are you running?

Quote:

Chupa,
what reticle are you running?

Mine is a no frills version, sadly I could only afford the standard mil-dot. If I could afford it, all of my guns would be equiped with USO's. Still waiting on my lottery winnings so this can take place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Chupa

Quote:
Like to welcome USO aboard. Now, how do I get a USO catalog with THOSE models. LOL!!!!

You have to buy the calendar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chupa

Ok fellas here it is. Yes USO is now an official sponsor of Predator Masters. After they came on board as a sponsor for our us and our video series, we did the right thing and asked them to also jump on PM as an official sponsor and they readily aggreed and are extremely excited about the possibilities. So welcome them well. "JBW3" here on PM is John Williams III, the CEO and big man around the shop, so I'm sure there aren't any questions that can't be answered. I believe another USO member will be joining us here on PM to provide any technical information that is needed also.

Yes I am currently shooting a SN3S 1.8 X 10 without the AO. The difference between the SN3S and the SN3 is the 37mm or the 44mm objective.

I USED to think that I shot quality optics, USED to think. Holy crap was I ever wrong. I have never seen such clarity and brighness. Without the sunshade it's UNREAL.. It really shows it's true colors at night, especially with the illuminated reticle.

The SN3S is Dead SEXY sporting the honeycomb sunshade.
scope051.jpg

The 1.8 X 10 mag is wicked awesome and for hunting purposes the last couple of weeks of field testing it hasn't left 2 or 2.5.
scope057-1.jpg

I think someone asked about the base. Well mine is sitting on a 20 MOA base that was fabricated in house at USO for the HOWA the same day I went to get the scope, so it didn't have time to get anodized.
scope053.jpg

Here is a pic of the rings and the knobs that I had put on mine. Since we are working on a "hunting" application I wanted things as simple as possible.
scope055.jpg

scope056.jpg

So anyway, that's the scope. There are some really good things to come from USOptics in the near future that are geared toward the hunting side of the house and I'm glad to be a part of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Hey all,

My name is Trevor Zantos and I am the head of the Sales Dept here ar U.S. Optics. We are very excited about being on here and over time showing you what we do at U.S. Optics.

Thanks for the welcome, pictures are coming!

I just got my SN3S from Mr. Postman...

WOW, this thing is AWESOME! It feels like I could hit a baseball with it and not phase it one bit...

The guys here @ work are taking turns looking through it on 10x at some workers on a building construction about 600yds away.
This glass is so good that I can see the GAP logo clear as day on one worker's HAT!!! And he's using Home Depot roofing TAR too...WOWeewoww!

I'm calling you right now with some questions, Trevor...

Quote:
I just got my SN3S from Mr. Postman...

Fred- can you go ahead and send me that Nightforce since you have the USO now? I just got an armalite mount for my other Dtech upper and I could really use that Nightforce. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

US OPTICS and PREDATOR MASTERS on the same team!!!! I'm so excited... you could cut glass with my nipples right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chupa

Sean,
Which Nightforce was it that you wanted??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I only got the USO because I had some money saved for an FX5 and......

Well, you know... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
US OPTICS and PREDATOR MASTERS on the same team!!!! I'm so excited... you could cut glass with my nipples right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chupa

surely you mean that in jest/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Last edited:
Back