220 Swift vs 204 Ruger

Quote:
I will stick with the Swift. It is in a league of its own.

You said that right.

I have run into other shooters while I was in the field with a Swift. When they asked what I was shooting, and I said "A 220 Swift", they would always say something like, "Those are cool", or "I always wanted a Swift".... or something similar.

When I was in the field with a 22-250, and the same interaction occurred... their response was, "Yeah, I got one (or had one, or my friend has/had one). No one ever said, "That's cool" - "I always wanted one".

The 220 Swift is a legend in it's own time.

I had a Ruger custom .220 Swift that was far and away the most accurate rifle I ever owned. It was surgically accurate & would hit hard like I wanted it to. I loved the performance on the rifle. It exceeded all expectations.

The only downside, if there is one, was the semi-rimmed case....You had to be very methodical in loading rounds into the rifle & cycling the bolt, or the rim would cause the case to bind up as it was pushed from the magazine. That delay cost me a couple of animals.

I'm glad to see the Swift still has a healthy following.

Barry

Quote:
the 204 is not even in the same boat as the swift!
if you are looking for any knockdown power go with a swift

You know you're in the 'Varminting' forum of PredatorMasters, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I have 3 204's just gave one away or I would have 4. They are a great rifle. If I had to choose between my new Swift I just bought about a month ago. I would go with the Swift. That think is awesome and deadly and I do mean deadly accurate.

If I was just going to hunt squirels and not coyotes I would choose the 204.

I have both and both are great, but the swiftness of the swift is still talked about today! [Borrowed from a song], what it boils down to is distance and wind. The Swift is King for a reason, only way to un-shoot the Swift is with a wild cat. But I agree the 204 is something special I have to make myself leave it home and take out another.

2 204s
2 Swifts
1 22-250
6 223s
2 17 rems
2 17 HMRs
2 22 Hornets

Reminds me of owning a fleet of big diesel trucks and buying fuel at $5 bucks a gallon! I feel sick.

long live the king !!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

the 204 is shooting little bullets to get its advertised 4200 which through my graph that isnt correct nor is usaully any other rounds advertised FPS. i have both as stated before the 204 would be sold well before the swift, i know the KING burns more powder its louder and all the other stuff ammo more $$ but it is still the king and i cant compare the to apples to grapes Ron

Back