Name that track (pics, I think)

Engine6

Went to look at some new country and found these. Would love to hear what others think. Hope this works.

IM001820.jpg

IM001811.jpg

hard to tell from pictures.
no toe nails or claws so i think it must be a Camel or a 3 toed sloth.

Engine,
can't tell. no claws. 3 toes?
some kinda cat i guess.
ric

I have my glasses on this time. I'm with Ric, to hard to tell but it kinda looks like an old Weems to me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And I thought this was a site for experienced hunters. Those wonderfully detailed photos are obviously of the tracks from the seldom seen but often hunted "3-toed weemsdropper".mystery solved. And you're welcome.

Can it be a shupa cabra? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Happy hunting ... Emilio ... Pico Rivera, Ca

Where were these found? Idaho? Now, I had heard that they were almost extinct, but that sure looks like a Nauga's track to me. I wouldn't know how to call one in, but if you could nail one, that Nauga's hide might be valuable.

I think they might be snipe tracks. I've been on several snipe hunts, but have not bagged one as yet. Maybe I'm not banging my snipe sticks together loud enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I thought they might be from a chupacabra too, but there aint no sucked out goat husks strewn about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Color me gullible but y'all really don't think that's a mountain lion do you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

A 3 toed one that has even sized toes? :eek:

Not.. That track was certainly made with a human hand or bare foot to imitate an animal's track.

Note the one in the dry and certainly hard soil (on top)... The animal was obviously a very heavy biped because of the way and amount the soil was compressed. For a mountain lion to have made that track he'd have to weigh in excess of 600lbs.

The one made in the mud is slightly smeared like a biped would do when slipping to the side. This is certainly not a four legged critter nor is it a hooved animal.

Something smells like fish... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

btw... Not a Llama print either... They have two toes... http://www.llamacrossing.com/foot.shtml

$bob$

I have seen a Mt.Lion with only 3 toes on both front feet. You would think it would have learned to keep it's paws out of traps after the first time. The cat went just over 200 lbs and was aged at 13 yrs old. Tasted pretty good too, but was extreemly tough.

Yeah... The more I look at it I realize that there's even something more that's fishy. The rear pad doesn't have the charastic hump in front like a cougar would and it's also too narrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Someone is pretty good but I've seen a LOT of cat tracks and I'm betting this cat only has two legs... :rolleyes:

I've never seen a 3 toed cat of any size or flavor but if they only had three toes due to a trap or other damaging incident they'd be lopsided looking in relation to the rear pad. These are very even and appear to radiate forward and outward from the rear pad.

I'm betting that in the off chance that this really is an animal that it was born with only three toes and that would make it very unique as the only three toed critters I know of are birds, reptiles, and dinosaurs.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

$bob$

Back