What recorder for use with video

Originally Posted By: KrockusDx600 recorder. It came with no directions and looked on line and I seen another review that said no direction came with theirs... I got it working so it records.. It came with a rocker switch can someone tell me what it is for and where to plug it in at..Thank you...Dan The rocker switch plugs into the AV Out slot. This is a very nice feature of this DVR. You can set it to be turned off, and by engaging the rocker, the DVR will automatically turn on, start recording, and then by moving the switch back, it stops recording and turns the unit off. This is a major battery saving feature.

Kirsch mentioned this earlier, but with the rocker switch remember that it takes 5 to 7 seconds before it actually starts to record once you flip the switch.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpKirsch mentioned this earlier, but with the rocker switch remember that it takes 5 to 7 seconds before it actually starts to record once you flip the switch. Excellent addition. I had meant to post that info and totally forgot. I hit the switch as soon as I spot a coyote with the scanner. By the time, I have put down the scanner, and have the coyote in the scope, I usually hear the correct number of buzzes indicating it is recording.

I like the switch idea better than letting it run and kill battery.. Thank you all for info.. Now I got a lot of extra wire to deal with and where to place the recorder.. Dan

Back