Black Rain

Infidel 762

Staff member
Got home and had a package of calls from Coyote Creek Calls. If I rushed there was enough daylight left for a couple stands. Grabbed the simplest closed reed call, hit the door and practiced with it on the drive to a spot down the road from my house. Pulled up to the gate, crawled under and then beat feet down a cow trail a couple hundred yards off the county road. First stand popped that cherry;

Early morning, deployed the night stalker ahead of approaching rain. TT's Jack Knife was like fast food, served them both in the first few minutes on both stands. Very unhealthy diet.

Packed it up, for the rest of the day saw only rain.

Good show, bro! Whatcha gonna do when you run out of coyotes up there?
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: BearInfidel do you put up any of the hides or just do predator control?

I just dump them

Originally Posted By: hm1996Good show, bro! Whatcha gonna do when you run out of coyotes up there?
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

I think we will run out of humans before we run out of coyotes
tongue_smilie.gif

Originally Posted By: KC Coyote HunterInfidel...you in Oklahoma????

I'm in Missouri....coyotes have shorter hair...up north.

Yep, I'm in Oklahoma

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Infidel do you put up any of the hides or just do predator control?

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762 I just dump them

Just out of curiosity do you think it would be worth it to sell the hides even if they aren't quality ones?

Originally Posted By: redhazeHow close to the Red River are you? I am just south of there.

About 3.5 hours if I drive straight south to Wichita Falls

Originally Posted By: CoyoteHunter270Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Infidel do you put up any of the hides or just do predator control?

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762 I just dump them

Just out of curiosity do you think it would be worth it to sell the hides even if they aren't quality ones?

I don't.

Fine work with calls, gun and camera. But hey, it's what you're used to. You sir, are a killing machine for sure.

Last edited:
Jeremy,
With the way you take the pics and tell the story it almost the coyotes look to pretty to shoot!

Great Work!

I kind of had a rodeo yesterday morning Jeremy. Calling was good, but...

First stand a bobcat snuck in through the grass and I didn't see it. When I swapped from Nutty Nuthatch to Platinum Grey Fox, it bolted into the cover before I could get a shot. Pretty cat though.

Second stand is an old faithful stand, only about a 5% chance one can come from the wrong place. Well, 5% got me. Mature coyote blew through the fence I had my back against just 13 steps from where I was sitting, running hard. Got between me and the machine in a blink, smelled the machine, and bolted. I had my 243 and couldn't swing it fast enough, he was gone. It's not often I wish I carried a shotgun with me, but that was one of them.

Got back to the truck and swapped from 243 to my 14.5" AR for the next stand. Another "go to" stand that didn't disappoint. Had three YOY come barreling in over the hill. I let them get in about 50 yards. Shot #1 in the face, caught #2 within about 25 yards of #1 (had to shoot it twice), but #3 got in front of some cows and squeezed over the hill before I could get it.

Great morning of calling, but less than stellar job of trigger pulling. It happens sometimes.

IMG_4633 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/156517515@N04/, on Flickr

Sounds like you had a ball, James. Having one get in under the gun like that is a real thrill.

Regards,
hm

Back