Primary Arms 4-14x44 scopes ACSS HUD DMR 5.56 NATO Reticle

Boommeup

Need some advice! Good or Bad! Not to happy with the three year warranty and the external turrets. I've had bad luck with external turrets before, not real sure that I want to go there again. HELP!!!

I have the same scope with a mil-dot recticle. It seems ok, but I honestly haven’t had it long enough to give an honest opinion. My overall first impression is that I got what I paid for. Seems to hold zero so far, with 200 rounds of 223 or so. Sorry I cannot be more thorough.

I got a nibble! Thanks jimmy 917. I have a hunting partner that swears by his. But he's had issues, sent it back. All good now! I can't remember what was wrong, but I could find out. I have a leupold vxr patrol, nice scope. BUT those external adjustments where rolling on me! So than I zeroed the dails, than I noticed they where rolling on me while I was carrying the rifle. Loved that scope but I can't trust it now!

I just ordered the 5.56 Acss hud. I'll have to report back once I test it out a little bit. I'm not too concerned about how well the turrets track. For the price its probably unreasonable to expect them to be perfect. I actually wish it didn't have the exposed turrets because I'm not going to use them. The reticle is more consistent. I really like the reticle design and the fact that it's illuminated. Unless you're doing long range hunting or shooting the slight inconsistency of the turrets doesn't bother me. Spending more money will get you great turrets. it's a tradeoff for sure. What's your main concern with it having external turrets?

Thanks for the reply VectOrstar! I realized I was rolling the turrets while pulling it out of a gun case and just by carrying it on my side. Now this was on a Leaupold vxr patrol, I believe it is a 1.5 x 6. Talked with my buddy yesterday, he'd stated that he has never had a problem on his PA rolling his turrets.

It's good to hear that your buddy hasn't had a problem with his. I saw that someone designed a zero stop made from 3d printer for the PA 4-14s. If i do end up having a problem I can just print one of those out.

Back