Contest for Hunting the Night Shift

Owl vs Bobcat

Never thought id see this. Was out scouting for deer and shooting coyotes the other night. Had
eyes up in the rocks told my pard “bet it’s a cat” as I got out of the truck, could hear several owls
so I wasn’t real sure when I found the eyes in the scope low and behold I was right a bobcat
looking at me. In Nevada bobcat doesn’t open till 1 Nov. so couldn’t shoot. When I witnessed
two Owls swoop at this bobcat it ran 10 yards up the ridge line, my pard has an awesome cat
squall he does with his mouth and he stopped the cat again. The Owls swopped him again he ran
through a bush and was swooped again all this as I watched through my scope what a show.

Ok, the winners (That's right, I said winnerS) are...

Drum roll please................

First off it's Catplaid. Anyone who can con his wife into hobbling down during her surgery recovery to hold the spotlight definately gets a video. (that way he can learn how to do it with out PO'ing his wife) Congratulations!!!

The second winner is saltyvarmintr. That story about the 29 foxes and the pics went right to my heart! HA HA. Great job guys!

And, the third and final winner is songdogslayer. I loved the pictures and stories but the simple fact that you probably wore your fingers to the nubs typing all those posts has got to be worth a video!!!

OK, guys. To get your videos you need to send me a PM with your mailing address. Do it fairly soon.

And, don't get the idea I'm always going to be this generous with these videos. Next month is Watson's turn to pick! And, we know he's a hard one to please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

OK, this contest is over for this month. Look for the new thread on November Hunting the Night Shift Contest.

Good luck all!

Randy

I have always hunted coyotes but never at night till now. I bought some gen 3 goggles and put an ir filter to over my spotlight. This really lights up the dogs with no visible light. Not as good as a spotlight because you have tunnel vision. I shoot a 22-250 and put a laser on it to shot without looking through the scope and so I did'nt have to take the googles off. I took this set up behind my house and found 2 foxes. I could see them but they thought they were hid. I walked right up to them within 50 yards and shot one. Then I walked over the hill and seen a coyote walked up to him and shot him while he was mousing. It was cool he did not even care! I can't wait to take this setup to some of my doggin areas and do some calling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back