Baiting

Originally Posted By: baitpilegg, Congrats on the Red!!! Also, excellent info on the X-Sight. After using it now for a bit, what clarity/usability do you think you would have at 130 yds out to 200 yds? I'm just curious if any of these digital rigs would be repeatably/dependable at those distances. I do know the IR illuminator would be a big factor here. Here is a coyote I shoot last Saturday using the X sight II 3-14 at 207 yards and the scope was set at 5 power and the IR was a Night snipe NS350 on the middle setting. [video:youtube][/video]

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleUpRandy, you must have your video set on private. I can't see it. Try it now I think I have it working now. [video:youtube][/video]

Last edited:
Awesome information Randy!!! Thank You!!! That seems to do all right at 200 yds...that's what I was looking for! Great Job!!!
Here is a nice male I took last night with the .22-250 at 175 yds. Test driving some Sierra 50 gr Spitzers trying to get away from the splashes on this gun. Shot was just a pinch low and came out the opposite side leg. I was okay with the performance, but he was a runner. Still testing.
J1-18@175(3) by jrhranch, on Flickr
J1-18@175(2) by jrhranch, on Flickr

Originally Posted By: Randy BOriginally Posted By: DoubleUpRandy, you must have your video set on private. I can't see it. Try it now I think I have it working now. [video:youtube][/video]
Randy, are you using the RAV (Recoil Activated Video) feature on the scope when you shot that yote? Just curious how that feature works. Congratulations, by the way.
Congratulations to you too baitpile!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gobblergetterOriginally Posted By: Randy BOriginally Posted By: DoubleUpRandy, you must have your video set on private. I can't see it. Try it now I think I have it working now. [video:youtube][/video]
Randy, are you using the RAV (Recoil Activated Video) feature on the scope when you shot that yote? Just curious how that feature works. Congratulations, by the way.
Congratulations to you too baitpile! Yes I was using RAV, it works good it is user adjustable for amount of time before and after the shot and I have never had it fail unless I forget to turn it on.

Saturday night I went out to one of my stand with the ATN X-Sight II and had a Red come in a little after 7:00. I took the shot and missed. Heard the fox run off. I recorded it on video so ya'll could see my perfectly good miss. LOL
Later, when I reviewed the shot, frame by frame, I could not see where I pulled the shot in any direction. I checked the gun yesterday on target and found it shot low and to the right by about 3 inches. YIKES! Have no idea what happened there. ? Re-sighted the gun in, so it "should" be back on now.
I did not record in RAV this time and was unable to edit the video. The fox was about 45-50yrds, the IR was set on low, scope set on 3x

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gobblergetter Saturday night I went out to one of my stand with the ATN X-Sight II and had a Red come in a little after 7:00. I took the shot and missed. Heard the fox run off. I recorded it on video so ya'll could see my perfectly good miss. LOL
Later, when I reviewed the shot, frame by frame, I could not see where I pulled the shot in any direction. I checked the gun yesterday on target and found it shot low and to the right by about 3 inches. YIKES! Have no idea what happened there. ? Re-sighted the gun in, so it "should" be back on now.
I did not record in RAV this time and was unable to edit the video. The fox was about 45-50yrds, the IR was set on low, scope set on 3x

Make sure you have your Ballistic calculator off, that might be your problem.

Good job, Gobbler.

I noticed very little whiteout when you shot. Were you using a rifle with suppressor or flash hider?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Good job, Gobbler.

I noticed very little whiteout when you shot. Were you using a rifle with suppressor or flash hider?
No, I don't have either.

Randy, good suggestion on the ballistic calculator, I checked and it was off.

%#&%@#^%$#^%#%#@$ Time to cry in my warm milk and go to bed early!!!!! Just plum missed one at 170 yds. ^$*(&(^%%&^ Just venting here...sorry!! Man, I hate when that happens!!! Gonna be a loooong night!!!!!

Note: 3 posts above. gg, you're not alone this week!!

Originally Posted By: baitpile%#&%@#^%$#^%#%#@$ Time to cry in my warm milk and go to bed early!!!!! Just plum missed one at 170 yds. ^$*(&(^%%&^ Just venting here...sorry!! Man, I hate when that happens!!! Gonna be a loooong night!!!!!

Note: 3 posts above. gg, you're not alone this week!!

Oooh, bp I feel your pain, brother. That's alright, I'm sure you'll get 'em next time.
I'm convinced the fox 'round here are gaming me. I sat on stand tonight for 4 1/2 hrs., 20 something degrees and not one creature moved, not even a wood rat showed itself....Until...I was walking out and had a fox come running straight at me. I swear I heard him laughing!
Sure hope this week gets better for all of us!!
Come'on Baiters, show some fur on the ground pics/vids --or anything close will do.

Last edited:
BP, it hurts, I know, but at least it was a miss. I wounded a coyote one time (rushed the shot) at my bait site. Never did recover him though no doubt he died. I tracked him in the snow and jumped him up the next morning. He was mortally wounded but got into the laurels and thick stuff. That hurt and was my one and only wounded one. I guess we can expect those things and maybe even learn from them. You will do better next time.

Hey Gobbler, a laughing fox can't be tolerated. It's time to declare all out war.

Some day soon we gonna cross paths, my monitor is failing me again, he was there twice during the night when I was home.

26054175078_9ffc777811_c.jpg

26054174528_dcbb01b274_c.jpg
https://flic.kr/p/FGjsnE

Last edited:
Thanks fellas!!! We'll press on. That's why its hunting and not killing!!! This is what keeps us coming back!!! Stay after him pmack...just a matter of time. This stuff is what keeps me off the streets!!!
smile.gif
I love this stuff!!!

Back