Photobucket Change

It does suck, big time, to lose thread pics and possible ruin threads... but it is what it is...gotta move on.
Whos to say every photo hosting site wont do this in the future? No matter what we do, the possibility is great that we all may be locked out of whatever host at some point.

Not cool, but its just an internet forum, not life or death.
Mark

good point Mark.

Nothing is free and these sites are chewing up memory at a staggering rate and can't do that for free. Storage fee's are getting cheaper, but that isn't free.

10mg file(one large pic) x100 is a giga of data. 1 gig of data is more words in a word document than most will read in a lifetime.
we are talking about home computers coming standard with terabyte hard drives. i found a terabyte removable drive for $100. That is amazing since it wasn't that long ago that most had no idea what a terabyte was not that long ago.

Most don't know what comes after tera.

I would also imagine that all of the posts without the pics add up to half a terabyte. Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised if it was under 100 gig.
I would also bet that all the pics on these posts would add up to close to 50 tera or more.

well, I created a flickr account, uploaded a pic, created an album & put the pic in it.

Now flickr tells me that link is broken & I never did get a URL to the pic that included a .jpg filename & worked.

le sigh

well, I've managed to move to flickr. I'm sure not everything made it but most did & I have my phone backing up pics to it now.

didn't find things really intuitive but managed to figure out enough basics to get it done.

Testing from phone.
F6Z0E4.jpg

i got the "you've been naughty, using your account for 3rd party hosting, like we now say you cant do for free, so pay us" email the other day.

You can also post from Facebook. I don't believe they "allow" this but it works just fine. Go to any photo on a computer and right click the image. From there click copy image URL. This is the location of the photo that you can use to post. You can also select "Open in full size" and then copy the url from the top address bar. I have gone as far as creating albums that only I can see just for this purpose as the space is unlimited and I don't think Facebook will be out of business any time soon.

PB has supposedly caved in. I tested on another forum and pics showed so testing here.

See a green jeep? If so, it works. If not, back to the shadows with you!

Originally Posted By: NdIndyPB has supposedly caved in. I tested on another forum and pics showed so testing here.

See a green jeep? If so, it works. If not, back to the shadows with you!

Guess not!
cursing.gif

Regards,
hm

I wonder why this website even requires a photo hosting site. I use several forums where you can just copy and paste your photos from your computer. Ideas why, I’ve always been curious?

Originally Posted By: WhoCaresI wonder why this website even requires a photo hosting site. I use several forums where you can just copy and paste your photos from your computer...
Have you tried to use photo hosting on PM ?
It does work, others are using it..

no I actually never noticed that option.. I was talking about clicking on Reply, then simply clicking the picture icon, then selecting something from my photo library, and simply adding the photo.. some websites I frequent are that simple. No photo hosting required.. but of course I'm not an IT guy so I don't understand these things.

Back