Photobucket Change

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotguess i can understand charging a reasonable fee for the service....
pbase.com has been $23 from the time when it changed over from once being free, 15 years ago.
That $23 per year gets 2GB storage, zero adds.
I have no connection to them other than a satisfied customer.
The prices I see for photobucket smell like a scam !!

Last edited:
i have been noticing that they are making it harder and harder over a few months.

Now they are making it harder to get the links for posting to sites.

the 3rd party hosting may be a click tracking thing when more than one person uses that image link in their post. Meaning PB may be tracking who is posting that in a web forum.

If anyone has images, better download them to a usb soon off that site. You can get a usb to hold all photo's you have there for under $20 at best buy.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZi have been noticing that they are making it harder and harder over a few months.

Now they are making it harder to get the links for posting to sites.

the 3rd party hosting may be a click tracking thing when more than one person uses that image link in their post. Meaning PB may be tracking who is posting that in a web forum.

If anyone has images, better download them to a usb soon off that site. You can get a usb to hold all photo's you have there for under $20 at best buy.

How do you get them to the USB?

I've spent most of the day fighting PB's garbage trying to recover my pictures! After 5 or 6 attempts on each album (and it doesn't make any difference if it contains two pictures or 200, its all the same), you may download an album. Some I have tried 6 times and still cannot get it done. "PB not working", PB freezes, "PB not working due to long running script", 4 billion ads, just more of the SOS they have been shoveling for the past several months!

ETA: Oh, I forgot, a large number of pictures are distorted beyond use.....56 out of one album of 134 pics. Got 8 useable pics out of another 19!
cursing.gif

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
I haven't had any problems downloading mine, but they do have a note saying that videos & gif files aren't included so if you have any of those, I guess you have to save them individually.

Thanks, Stu. No videos or other strange critters; just photos and at least 30% of the pics in albums I did manage to download were compromised to the point they were Not useable. I've been having PB problems for months for some reason, though.

Now if I can just learn to use Flickr..........

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: AdamTTest run with Flickr

936r26

Can't figure it out, anybody know what's the issue?

url needs to have an ending extension like *.jpg or *.gif or *.png

May need to get to the properties of the image for the full path url. Usually done by right-click on image.

But flickr should have a means to easily provide the exact url link.

Below is from a new flickr account, and on the image page I picked "share" then "embed" then copy & pasted into the PM "add image icon",
but, had to then strip off ....." "..... to get to just the url ending in .jpg.
SO what I ended up with was : "https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4042/35270265070_c3c47ef193_z.jpg" , but no quotes.
There has to be a better way !!

35270265070_c3c47ef193_z.jpg

Thanks, Bob. That helped.
thumbup.gif
grin.gif

I just right clicked on image in Flikr, clicked "properties", copied and pasted in "enter an image" above message block.

34849199753_5d93b6da93_m.jpg

34849199743_c10562e960_m.jpg

Now all I gotta do is upload a pot full of pictures and figure out where to find them in Flikr and I'm back in business.

Oh, and this one's for PB
tt2.gif
!

Regards,
hm

The pics from the Flickr mobile app will be good, but not quite as clear and sharp as when uploaded from your home computer.
Mark

Well, I found an easy way in flickr to get the "sized" url.
When looking at the desired image, in the lower right corner see the down load icon (arrow pointing down) shown below.
When you hover over it, it will say "download this photo".
35660181995_6fbc3c93bb_n.jpg

Click on it then pick "view all sizes"
Then choose the size for displaying here, on PM.
Then right-click on the image to get properties and that will show the exact full url.
Copy it & paste into PM...
Paste into PM as usual via the "enter an image" icon.

for pbase.com
and on the page for your image of interest, already sized,

Right-click on the image to get properties and that will show the exact full url.
Copy it & paste into PM...
Paste into PM as usual via the "enter an image" icon.

im trying to find a way to use google photos. I already have an account through my cell phone and I use it as a backup for all my phone pics.

Last edited:
Back