Prayer Request for Hurricane Victims

Glad for him. I am at work, have been here since 0430 yesterday. Things are good at home. My daughter has her horses out in the pasture now. The sun was shining for a couple of hours, but it looks like rain is close again. Looks like we have our wettest days coming mid week.

Frogg toggs stress tests.

Quote: Looks like we have our wettest days coming mid week

With any luck at all, maybe that will give time for water levels to drop before round 2.

Regards,
hm

Well, on a little bright note for you guys Irma is going to head north east along the Atlantic so at least you don't have to worry about getting double whammied. Good luck with the flooding.

hm,
the weather channel just said that Houston has had 3 feet of rain so far!

scared.gif

Y'all sure got a bunch of good folks in Texas. There's private citizens coming from miles around with fishing boats and PWC's and helping with rescue efforts.
One guy had just arrived with his PWC on a trailer and 50 cases of bottled water in the truck bed.

thumbup1.gif

And still raining! Lots of good folks around, Jeff, and not all from Texas. Just heard that the "Cajun Navy" just arrived in two waves. Not sure how many boats, but all civilian volunteers.

Fox mentioned water overflowing the sound barrier between some neighborhood and an expressway in Houston but didn't say what part. Those things are TALL!

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996And still raining! Lots of good folks around, Jeff, and not all from Texas. Just heard that the "Cajun Navy" just arrived in two waves. Not sure how many boats, but all civilian volunteers.

Fox mentioned water overflowing the sound barrier between some neighborhood and an expressway in Houston but didn't say what part. Those things are TALL!

Regards,
hm

Y'all hang in there.
I wish there was something we could do personally but we're too far away, so we're gonna send a donation to the Red Cross.

thumbup1.gif

Thanks FW. It will be appreciated as is your heart felt compassion. Lots of folks in abind down south of us. It looks like later tonight will be our turn for the real water works. Things should get better for Houston later today if the levies continue to hold.

I came home last night but will go back tonight just before the really bad stuff gets to us. Now to survive the run off.

+1 Thanks, Jeff. It is inspiring to see the help pouring into the devastated area; they are going to need all the help they can get.

A group of folks w/boats left the Rio Grande Valley last night to help in the rescue efforts and I'm sure that is going on across the state, not to mention from other states, as well.
It's great to see the number of good folks out there willing to pitch in to help in this disaster.

Glad you're OK, Jerry. Hope that thing moves out soon!

Regards,
hm

The Virginia Dept of Forestry sent 20 guys down yesterday and a bunch of different organizations( churches, local Red Cross chapters, Sheep Dog Impact Assistance, etc) were on the local news sending people and/or supplies. You guys stay strong and keep your heads above water.

I can't imagine what those folks in Texas & Louisiana are going through.
I certainly hope that everyone can regain some sort of normalcy once the waters receded & the damage is accessed.

Sometimes the worst of times brings out the best in people.

My wife heard on TV that two young men went to Bass Pro (I believe), bought a boat and headed to Houston to help out.
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

Regards,
hm

Well If I dont get water in my house this time, I never will. We have gotten over 22 inches of rain in 24 hours. Called in and let some other guys have the overtime for tonight. Rode the 4 wheeler around the county roads just to see how the neighbors are fairing. We have water over the road in places that I have never seen it. Hay will be a problem this year because my friends hay fields are completely under water.

About 35 years ago, when I was 12 or 13, after a day of working cows. My grandpaw and I were riding our horses back home instead of putting them in the trailer. These times were usually used as teaching moments for.him. When Paw had us 1 on 1 you could bet that he was going to give his advice or his opinion on something. When we got to the church house at the end of the county road, he stopped and turned his horse south. Now Paw always rode tall horses. He said, now Sandy, I have seen water up to a tall horses belly, from here to as far as I would ride him. So dont ever build a house down there because it was there before and it will be again one day. If this storm would have come a little farther east I would have witnessed that wisdom first hand. As it is right now, I havent missed it by much.

Has the rain stopped where you are, Jerry?

I don't think Houston is getting any rain at the moment according to NWS radar, but the last I heard the runoff from those reservoirs is flooding neighborhoods that had been dry until today. Haven't heard how long the releases will continue.

Hope and pray the rain stops soon!

Regards,
Clarence

No sir raining pretty steady here. The eye of the storm is directly south of me. I am in Buna in Jasper County. The news says that we are still getting 2 inches per hour.

Local news said that Motiva, the largest refinery in the US cut back to 40 percent. Or 400k barrels per day. Good night to be back home.

Farmers hay was under water for a month here. They had to plant barley? to clean up the ground before replanting alfalfa next year. Fema is paying repairs on flooded and damaged homes..
Sounds like you may need help there too.
I hate to hear another reason to raise gas prices.

Gas prices may actually drop. As soon as the water drops a little and crude ships can get back in to the Pt. Arthur refineries will swing wise open. Thats good. The major sweet crude and diesel export facilities are located in houston, corpus, and victoria. That is good for gas prices, but not refiners. The exports will stop for a while and there will be excess free crude. Enjoy it while it lasts, because these repairs will not be cheap.

Well, I have my own island now. My pasture has more water in it than I have ever seen. Truely amazing. Even the chickens are having to swim around. Lol.

Live radar shows trailing bands of storm @ Beaumont, so rain should let up soon.

Shame about such a freak accident. I'm sure a lot of trees will be uprooted due to saturated soil. Stay safe, Jerry.

Talked to my son last night and water never reached their home. Street flooding was down and they expected no problems from reservoir dumps.

Regards,
hm

Back