Prayer Request for Hurricane Victims

Quote: Having to start up 2 units while doing a schedulednturn around on the other 2.

Always hated running half a unit while doing maintenance on the other half. Outside maintenance contractors always make the job a lot more dangerous.

Remember one partial midnight startup of a column which used a battery of 4 overhead fan condensers. Each condenser was about 30' square with belt driven 4 bladed fans enclosed in a shroud and mounted about 3' above the condenser tubes. These fans were located on the third level with switches on ground level.

We were bringing up the column on water to check out for leaks after major repairs and I went out to start the fans in preparation for the startup. Reaching for the switches, something told me I'd better climb up and look into the shrouds to be sure everything in order. Thank the Lord, I did, as there was a contract worker sleeping on the condenser tubes who would have been trapped between the tubes and prop once the fans were running.
scared.gif

Regards,
hm

Prayers to Texas. God bless Texas, the American Red Cross and all the volunteers working to save life and property.

Originally Posted By: ADKPrayers to Texas. God bless Texas, the American Red Cross and all the volunteers working to save life and property.

The American Red Cross is an excellent suggestion!
thumbup1.gif

They are a totally secular charitable organization that distributes funds without regard to any political or religious affiliations.
I'm glad to see that you appreciate that fact.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sandy hicksLots of complaintsa bout how the red cross is doing people here in Texas on facebook. Maybe they will do better in Florida.

Hopefully, but doubtful.

I have been giving to local charities on the ground helping. I realize that Red Cross gives some of the money collected to RedCross USA, and some of it goes to Red Cross international. Fine, if that is how they want to do it.

I just prefer to get my donations to those that are in need here, in the USA, and focused on those affected by the hurricane.

is just one of many examples.
http://www.savethechildren.org/site/c.8rKLIXMGIpI4E/b.9534789/k.9D36/Hurricane_Harvey.htm

Back