Reloading shot shells????

Originally Posted By: pyscodogThe main reason I have been thinking about reloading shot shells is 1 oz is the lightest I can buy over the counter. I wanted to go to 7/8 oz for skeet. Its a little easier on the shoulder. I'm not good enough to be competitive and I only shoot about once a week, sometimes not that much, but I do enjoy it.

Double check with wal mart. The ones around here sell the 7/8 oz loads.

I have a couple MEC 600's. They're great shotshell loaders, and you can turn out a lot of shells with them in just a little time. Unfortunately, because of the price of lead shot, its probably more economical to just buy a case of target loads from the local sporting goods store. If you're looking to make hunting loads or something that isn't available over the counter, it might make a little more sense to get into shotshell reloading.

I have two 600 jr's. One I use and one I picked up for a spare....

Yes, you can buy cheap shells for less money than you can probably stuff your own today. But they are also made with cheap components.

I also load up stuff that I cannot buy, like black powder loads that are used in old doubles. My favorite Rabbit gun is an old LeFever Nitro special made in 1921. Nothing says BOOOOOM like a BP shotshell.

Last edited:
Back