Another Savage followed me home today/pics added

pyscodog

Traded my Ruger American Pred. in 6.5CM for another old junkie Savage today. Model 11 with the medium heavy barrel in a B&C M40 stock,CDI detachable mag. Caliber is 22-250. Guess he really wanted that Creedmore. I would do that deal any day.

Last edited:
But what if it is shot out......you will be out atleast another 85 bucks to install one of them junk factory button rifled .5 moa barrels lol!

Last edited:
I was gonna ask why you would do such a thing?!?!?!? Then I saw the parts involved....lol....you can always buy another RAP!

I had a wood stocked 111 .22-250 follow me home the other day. Took it apart to clean it and its already been glass bedded lol. Needs a higher power scope but came with an old Swift 3-9. Good find for what i paid.

Originally Posted By: Mike BI was gonna ask why you would do such a thing?!?!?!? Then I saw the parts involved....lol....you can always buy another RAP!

He had more in parts than the Ruger cost. Couldn't pass on a deal like that.......and I like Savages too!!

Here you go!

image_zpshgbk0lt3.jpeg

image_zpstnlpp4ui.jpeg

MasterBlaster

Originally Posted By: MasterBlasterHere you go!

image_zpshgbk0lt3.jpeg

image_zpstnlpp4ui.jpeg

MasterBlaster

Thanks Eric,maybe I'll get it figured out some day. On a good note, got to shoot it today and I think its a keeper.

Pysco you're like a buddy with a girlfriend nobody likes. I wanna tell you there's so much more out there, just can't find the words.

Funny how a lot of people b*tch and moan about CZ's magazine hanging down and then turn around and pay big bucks for the same on a Savage or Remington.

Not directed at you....just a general observation.....

Originally Posted By: RePeteFunny how a lot of people b*tch and moan about CZ's magazine hanging down and then turn around and pay big bucks for the same on a Savage or Remington.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: RePeteFunny how a lot of people b*tch and moan about CZ's magazine hanging down and then turn around and pay big bucks for the same on a Savage or Remington.

Totally agree! Not a huge fan of them either but it came on the rifle. It may get replaced.

Yep. I don't mind the CZ mags at all. Actually, I really want a 6x45 in a CZ with a varmint contour barrel like the factory barrel. Don't need it, just want it. Maybe one day I'll get around to that project. If I ever do, it's got to have beautiful wood.

The Savages certainly do shoot well, can't argue with that, but it would have to grow on me quite a bit to spend the price they are fetching these days. Maybe I'm just getting old and remember the old days when they were cheap and you couldn't give one away. But, tiny little groups have a way of changing my mind, so never say never.

Tim, those are just some cheap Weaver rings. I think they call them Quad Locks. Really inexpensive but they work and it was all I had that would work this morning so I could go to the range and shoot the rifle today.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 6mm06

The Savages certainly do shoot well, can't argue with that, but it would have to grow on me quite a bit to spend the price they are fetching these days. Maybe I'm just getting old and remember the old days when they were cheap and you couldn't give one away. But, tiny little groups have a way of changing my mind, so never say never.

They aren't the Savages of the past. IMO, they have come a long from then to now. Very few can honestly say they won't shoot tiny groups and prices have gone up for sure. But I remember when gas was a quarter a gallon and a loaf of bread was less than a buck too.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogTim, those are just some cheap Weaver rings. I think they call them Quad Locks. Really inexpensive but they work and it was all I had that would work this morning so I could go to the range and shoot the rifle today.

Got a pair of them when I was in a hurry to get a rifle up and
shooting. Liked them well enough to leave them on it.

Back