Another Savage followed me home today/pics added

I've never been a fan of how Savage rifles look but it's hard to argue with how they shoot. I never owned one until I won one on a raffle in a coyote calling competition. It's hard to beat a 22-250 for $60,especially if you shoot 3 times at 100 yards and only count 2 holes in the target.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OKRattlerI've never been a fan of how Savage rifles look but it's hard to argue with how they shoot. I never owned one until I won one on a raffle in a coyote calling competition. It's hard to beat a 22-250 for $60,especially if you shoot 3 times at 100 yards and only count 2 holes in the target.

Yep!! They shoot!

Thanks Robert. I've only had it a couple of days. So far, only 15 rounds down the tube, half of them just dialing in the scope. The rounds fired were for another rifle but I just had to shoot it. I shot one 5 shot group at 100yds and needless to say, it impressed me. I loaded some Bergers and some BlitzKings for the next trip out. Hoping I get as good of results with them as with the other load.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeBill, I'm not a Savage fan, but it don't look real bad.
grin.gif

What rings are those, they have a 2 piece top ?

Those are Weaver Quad Lock rings that sell for $10 to $12 at Walmart. They work really well. I keep a couple of sets in the parts bin just in case a new rifle shows up.

Back