What's your favorite pair of hunting pants?

Originally Posted By: LazerusThe world champions were wearing blue jeans this year....

and white shoes.

And this is relevant in what way?

Originally Posted By: liliysdadOriginally Posted By: LazerusThe world champions were wearing blue jeans this year....

and white shoes.

And this is relevant in what way?

More so than the post you just made criticizing my post which adds nothing but contention.

The topic is about pants. I was making an observation that the team that just won the world championships were wearing blue jeans. Why so offended? Oh, because you said "no way " you would wear blue jeans?

My comment was just as relevant to the topic as the comment you made about detesting blue jeans.

Please feel free to get over yourself and not ruin another thread.

I dont recall the topic being "What pants did someone else where?"," but instead "What are your favorite hunting pants?" In light of that fact, a statement concerning what someone else somewhere wore one time is about as irrelevant as it can get.

And yes, I stand by my assertion that there is no way I would wear blue jeans. Color and concealment are hardly the reasoning...

Last edited:
I know they have on jeans in the promotional hero shot. But that does not by any stretch mean that's what they wore while hunting. Anymore than the rifles, suppressor etc. they show in the hero shot have to be what they actually used.

If I had to guess and place a bet, and this from a guy who has had to wear certain clothes and pose with certain equipment for the camera before, nothing in that hero shot is un-sponsored and the fact they have on blue jeans says the sponsor who provided those spiffy matching jackets tight azzed on pants.

I'm glad I don't have to mess with any of that anymore.

FWIW...

- DAA

Originally Posted By: liliysdadI dont recall the topic being "What pants did someone else where?"," but instead "What are your favorite hunting pants?" In light of that fact, a statement concerning what someone else somewhere wore one time is about as irrelevant as it can get.

And yes, I stand by my assertion that there is no way I would wear blue jeans. Color and concealment are hardly the reasoning...

I also don't recall that the thread was about "attack another person for saying something" and derail a decent thread(again), but there you are.

My point with my post was there is nothing wrong with good old fashioned blue jeans either. They work for lots of people. My apologies for offending your tender sensibilities. Evidently I wrongfully assumed everyone on here had a right to offer an opinion.

So, Whatever makes you feel relevant though man. Carry on.

Dave, I agree about the "hero shot" and the sponsored crap. I have hunted with Al though and that is pretty much him, right there.I think the last time I saw him he did have on camo pants though. Regardless, it doesn't change the point of my post. I was just thinking about my dad and the thousands of critters he has killed, wearing "work clothes" and tied it into that picture.

For what it's worth, I love my predator camo and natural gear pants. Never even wore a pair of blue jeans since I was a teenager....lol

My contribution to this thread is done. OP, I apologize.

Growing up and hunting with 100% Wool, I still have some I picked up at Bean years ago and are still my favorite. I'm sure the new synthetics are better in some aspects.

Cabelas MT50 uninsulated rain bibs,buy a pair of heavy fleece wader pants and a good base layer you are covered from 50 deg to single digits and dry.I have a pair thats 10 years old and still going strong.

Back