Mexico won't pay a cent for Trump's 'stupid wall'

azmastablasta

Guess we'll see. He is the same douchebag who addressed a joint session of Congress and spent the whole time badmouthing the US and blaming the US for all of Mexicos problems. I say bend that dude over and show him how a Sahuaro feels. Mexico will pay for the wall via tariffs. He is an idiot and is barely fit to push a mower or work a leaf blower.
lol.gif

Mexico won't pay a cent for Trump's 'stupid wall'
Holly Ellyatt | Hadley Gamble

Donald Trump may want to build a wall across the U.S. southern border to keep Mexican migrants out but don't expect Mexico to pay for it, former President Felipe Calderon told CNBC, calling the billionaire a "not very well-informed man."

The GOP presidential hopeful insisted in October that if elected, he would build a wall aloing the Mexican border and get Mexico to pay for it. But Calderon, Mexico's president from 2006 to 2012, told CNBC on Saturday that there was no way that Mexico would pay for it.

"Mexican people, we are not going to pay any single cent for such a stupid wall! And it's going to be completely useless," Calderon said.

"The first loser of such a policy would be the United States," he said. "If this guy pretends that closing the borders to anywhere either for trade (or) for people is going to provide prosperity to the United States, he is completely crazy."

When announcing his presidential bid last June, Trump said "the U.S. had become a dumping ground for everybody else's problems," and called out Mexico as a particular culprit. "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. ...They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people," Trump said.

Calderon questioned the caliber of candidates like Trump, who has offended large sections of the population , including Muslims by calling for a temporary ban on Muslims entering the U.S., as well as attracting a large following during his presidential bid.

"It is incredible that a quite admirable society like the American society could produce such kind of candidates," Calderon said. "I cannot understand that. No offense, no offense to America. So Donald Trump … is ambitious but not exactly very well-informed man, I don't want to say ignorant, but he is not very well informed."

Calderon said the level of migration of the Mexican labor force to the U.S. had been steadily declining.

His comments are borne out by analysis carried out by the Pew Research Center showing that the overall flow of Mexican immigrants between the two countries is at its smallest since the 1990s.

From 2009 to 2014, 1million Mexicans and their families, including U.S.-born children, left the U.S. for Mexico, according to data from the 2014 Mexican National Survey of Demographic Dynamics, Pew said.

U.S. census data for the same period show an estimated 870,000 Mexican nationals left Mexico to come to the U.S., a smaller number than the flow of families from the U.S. to Mexico.

Calderon said that children studying in Mexican schools and universities no longer wanted to go the U.S. as they had opportunities closer to home with around 4 percent unemployment, although he conceded that there were still "bad salaries" in Mexico.

"They don't want to go, they can work for a motor company (that's) not in Detroit, I am sorry to say. They are working for a motor company in Hermosillo and Toluca, so Mazda is coming to Mexico, Honda is coming to Mexico. Those kids have jobs in that industry in Mexico."

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/08/mexico-wont-pay-single-cent-for-trumps-stupid-wall.html

i have spent a lot of time in mexico, when i was racing off road.

there is NOTHING down there done right! their infrastructure is crap. there is a mentality that if it is shiny and pretty colors that it is good. quality is NOT their strong suit.

their police and military shake people down for stuff and or cash on a daily basis. i personally have seen their corruption. many of the race spectators would build booby traps to crash race cars, and then when the car was crashed, rush up and steal parts off of it. they throw rocks and other objects at the race cars as they go by (no windshields), they shine spotlights in our eyes as we approach dangerous gullies or corners.

one season i raced on a team owned by a mexican national. the car could be leaking oil out of it, while 3 guys were wiping it down to make it clean and shiny. it was more important to look good and to be good.

they come to OUR country and take, take, take. they often do not play by the rules. they send the money they earn (many not paying taxes), back to mexico.

build the wall. screw them!

Originally Posted By: NdIndyEasy peasy, just stop writing checks to Mexico. Not paying them is the same as them paying us back.

Then you impose a trade embargo on all goods raised, produced, manufactured, or transported through, Mexico.

Then you cut out all corporate incentives to operate in Mexico, so US Manufacturers don't find it so appealing, or even economically feasible. Since it's not, without the incentives.

Then you send all of the illegals back to Mexico and send their economy even deeper to the bottom of the sewer.

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Their talk is cheap.. The Donald will get this done

There are 1989 miles of border between the USA and Mexico. A lot of that is private land, Trump shouldn't have any problem sleeping at night after using eminent domain to "steal" it from taxpaying American citizens. Over 1200 of those miles are in Texas, and quite a bit of that land has been developed. Taking citizens homes will win over a lot of support.

Originally Posted By: NdIndyId guess 90% of Texas landowners would donate an easement to keep the rest from being trashed daily.

Nope, most along the border don't care. Quite a few are Hispanic and have relatives that live in Mexico.

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherOriginally Posted By: NdIndyId guess 90% of Texas landowners would donate an easement to keep the rest from being trashed daily.

Nope, most along the border don't care. Quite a few are Hispanic and have relatives that live in Mexico.

Then it's pretty obvious they're collaboraters so we build it anyway. While I have not covered every foot of the area, I have covered an extensive amount of it. I have yet to see any livable structure anywhere close to the border itself. Sure someone owns a lot of the land, but it seems it was always a ways away from their abode or buildings. How much space do you think a wall requires? 10 feet? If indeed there is a case of an abode in the way it would be the exception to the rule and Trump has had experience with eminent domain. As usual your blowing smoke again.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisDog breath,

If the boundary is on the U.S. / Mexican border how can it be private property?

Move it into Mexico 5 feet and Walla! A fence s built!

I bet they would like that, their side of the border, they could tear it down at night while we built it during the day.

Even the Communists had a no mans land between the Berlin Wall and the populated area. How did that work out? The people in East Germany still made it to the West, and the Berlin Wall was only 96 miles long. This one will have to be almost 2000 miles long. How many guards will it take, based on 3 shifts for a 24 hour day and covering 2000 miles?

It would be simpler to fine the employers or give them a little jail time. Then the employers would stop hiring. No jobs, no contract labor, they will start to go home. Same as when the economy was tanking 8 years ago, there were a lot going. back to Mexico because there were no jobs

well, there are not nearly as many jobs around here as there used to be, and guess what, the mexicans are still here.

fine the employer? good idea, and it will help. but what about the people paying cash? or the employers themselves that are illegal? or all the counterfeit paper work?

going after the employers is ONE part of the whole picture. a wall will keep out the vast majority of the border jumpers. not all that jump the border are coming here to work, some are coming here for their "business" aka the drug trade, or other nefarious purposes.

if i were on the border i would be happy to have a wall, kind of like the fences i build to keep out unwanted livestock. a defined and secure fence (wall) would keep out the trespassers and their damage to fences and property.

Simple, just add plenty of electronic measures and actually enforce the border laws and problem solved. With probably 90% of the other countries on this planet if you get caught jumping the border the odds of getting shot are high and should be the same process here. In this country if you get caught jumping our border you get free housing, food, money and a host of other stuff. That's just plain stupid. There's a reason they call it "borders". After the wall is built it would be time to start rounding up all the illegals and set them on the other side of that wall. It's high time Mexico learned a lesson in humility.

effective enforcement would go a long ways.

there are some specific issues I'd like to deal dealt with by the strongest possible means. In particular, the way we've ceded so much land along the southern borders to the drug cartels. I'd like to see specop hunter-killer teams tasked with taking care of that problem. Totally free hand to accomplish the mission & that mission being to locate & bring in anyone in the area involved. Alive if possible but if they don't surrender & resist with weapons, dead is fine. They have spotters living down there with radios to tell them when they can travel where & we can start by taking those out, as well as any active traffickers on our side of the border.

Just enforcing our current immigration laws would go along way toward solving our border problems. Catch them, deport them immediately. Build 15 foot high electrified fences topped with razor wire, and extended 25 feet deep under ground on the Mexican side, with about 600 feet between each fence along every crossable inch of the southern border, pepper it with high tech monitoring devises, and actually PATROL it 24-7-365. The cost of building a fence or wall like this would be paid for quickly by the savings US taxpayers would realize by not having to extend welfare, education, and criminal justice costs to illegal immigrants.
I like the Mexican people, and have no issue with them coming to the US legally. I like nothing much better than relaxing in an authentic Mexican restaurant sipping a Margarita, listening to the Hispanic music. I respect how hard many Mexicans work. I've seen them roof a house without stopping to rest. I've seen them completely landscape a lawn on a 90 degree day, and refuse to take a break until they were done. I've also seen them driving with no insurance, running away from a traffic accident with no US drivers license, packed 25 deep inside a 9 passenger van weaving down an interstate. Many are good, many not so much. No different than many Americans. I just want them to come here legally, and to integrate themselves into our society, not try to force our society to accept their third world ways.

Border security could be fixed with a pen stroke. National guard and reserves train 2 at least 2 weeks every year. That is ground coverage, air support, intel, ECM, Comm,. Stagger each branches training rotation and you're covered. You can train for urban, desert, or mountain warfare. Real life practice with minimal risk but 3nough of a threat to make it real. Troops learn to deal with the language barrier and the possibility of getting shot or a butt stroke to the teeth is a powerful deterrent. Additional expenditure is minimal because training is goinng to be done anyway.

Back