best electronic call besides foxpro

cassieaaron

Hello all,
i am new here and i know this will be a hot button topic, but can anyone recommend a e call that would be considered good quality besides a Foxpro. I have had several Foxpro's they are great calls when they work. i'm not here to badmouth FOXPRO i see they are a sponsor of this forum. I personally own 2 of them but i can't seem to keep them working.
I am looking at the Primos Apha Dogg but not sure ?
Again I am new here and I don't want to start a Foxpro debate, just any suggestions on alternatives.

If you have problems with a FoxPro ecaller, and it is not user error, you can rest assured FoxPro will take care of you. I'm not starting a debate either, just stating the facts.

i agree their service has been top notch. they have repaired my NX4 3 times. and i got a new card for my wildfire 2 i bought as a backup when the NX4 was at Foxpro for repairs. NO they haven't charged me a dime.

i am still under the impression that sending a call back 3 times in a year and a new cared for the backup is a bit excessive no matter how good your customer service is.
the NEED for such a good service dept is what is bothering me. and that is why i'm looking into alternatives.

Sorry you had trouble, but anything electronic can have problems. Most people have no trouble at all, but it is good to know you have good customer service. Products have come a long way over the years, and so has service.

Other brands, Cant say what the customer service is on them though.
wildlife technologies
Johnny Stewart
Western rivers
Hunters specialties Johnny Stewart
Flextones new line

I have the Primos Apha Dogg and it's been a good call so far. No problems. For that call I use Eneloop Pro rechargeable batteries, the black ones, and they work great in zero temp all night.

I also have the primos alpha dogg and have nothing but good things to say about it. Not sure about their customer service but I haven't had a reason to test it out. Plenty of sounds, volume is great, remote is easy to use and has an awesome range.

I think if I wanted to try something other than a Foxpro right now, I'd be checking out Byron's new Bullet caller.

I had a couple of Primos calls, and had nothing but issues. If you don't want foxpro, I would try Bryons call, The bullet.

I still love my foxpro, but if they were off the table i would give that a try.

My buddy has the alpha dog and I won;t let him use it when we hunt. To me it sounds horrible and the sounds are not good. Byrons call is first rate from what I have seen and heard. we saw a demo of it earlier in the year and it sounded outstanding.

I've had 8 different Foxpro's and have never sent any of them back for repair. I have seen a couple of the other ones mentioned here that were pure junk right out of the box. I would try Bryons call if I needed a different brand than the one I have. If it has wires, batteries, and chips it going to fail at some point.

I can't stand the Primos, it sounds like it's on vinyl to me. A friend bought one last year and after day 1 we cut him off, haha.
I'm also on FoxPro #4 and I haven't had one give me the slightest bit of trouble. I'm not in love with the TX-1000 remote having to be at a lower elevation than the call, but I can deal with it and sometimes cheat.
My partner has a WT, and we use it sometimes. It is very clear, but that remote is horrible, horrible, horrible. Seriously? They can't do better than that??

So, all in all ,if you must venture out, I would try out a western rivers. My native friend has one and it's got a very user friendly remote, lots of cool sounds and sufficient clarity.

But remember, if you ain't first.... YOU'RE LAST!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CZ527 I'm not in love with the TX-1000 remote having to be at a lower elevation than the call, but I can deal with it and sometimes cheat.

what? what are you talking about?

You might want to look at a Minaska, they still make calls and they have been great calls for me, and as far as I'm concerned the best remote available. I have two M-1 Bandits, one of which I've been using since they came out, 10+ years and another that I bought to help out a guy, plus a big country that comes out when I head for open spaces. I did pick up a FP CS-24 that has worked well got me, but it is a big call like the Big Country.

Back